Morehouse College Police Beat Up Civil Rights Leader!!!
- TTDC DECEMBER ACTION ALERT: Morehouse College Police Beat Up Civil Rights Leader !!!
DECEMBER2005 ACTION ALERT
Main Page of This Alert: >http://www.assatashakur.org/1205.htm
TITLE:Morehouse PoliceBeat Up Civil Rights Leader!
TIME FRAME: 1 Month
PLAN OF ACTION:
Contact Morehouse College and MorehousePolice Department and demand that an act of police brutality perpetrated against civil rights icon Mukasa Dada (Willie Ricks) are corrected and that he is compensated for his injuries.
Protest Police Brutality!
PURPOSE OF ACTION:
Rectify anact of police brutality against Mukasa Dada, formerly named Willie Ricks, creator of the term "Black Power" and pioneeringcivil rights activist.
Morehouse police beat up Civil Rights Leader and Elder, Mukasa Dada former known asWillie Ricks of Student Nonviolent CoordinatingCommittee (SNCC), on Thursday, November 10, 2005 at MorehouseCollege. As a Field Secretary for SNCC and overall freedom fighter for Black people in general, we feel thisattack by Morehouse Police is dishonorable, appallingly contradictory, and a slap in the face to all Black Leadership past, present, and future. Mukasa Dadas history in the civil rightsmovement, Black power movement, and all Black progressive movements is impeccable. Not only did Mukasa Dada popularize thechant of Black Power but he also is highly spoken of by other civil rights leaders.
Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, Photo 5
Who Is Mukasa Dada?
- Civil Rights Leader, Elder, Father, Organizer, Orator
- Field Secretary of Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC)
- The fiery orator of SNCC - Dr. Martin LutherKing, Jr. in his 1967 book, Where Do We Go From Here
- Willie Ricks must rank as one of those unknown heroes whocaptured the mood of history. In calling for Black Power, he caught the essence of the spirit, moving Black people in theUnited States and around the world who were poor, Black, and without power - James Forman of SNCC
- Popularized of thechant, Black Power
- For more information about Mukasa Dada:
- Exclusive Video Interview w/ Mukasa Dada
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW
- Call Morehouse Police: 1-404-215-2666
Call Morehouse President, Dr. Massey: 1-404-215-2645
CallMorehouse Public Relations: 1-404-614-3788
- Fax Letters to Morehouse #1: 1-404-659-6536
Fax Letters to Morehouse#2: 1-404-215-2729
- Mail Letters To
Dr. Walter E. Massey
830 Westview Drive, S.W.
Atlanta, GA 30314
Discuss Current Action Alert with Others
- Morehouse Police Beat Up Civil Rights Leader: Download Here (.doc)
- MorehousePolice Beat Up Civil Rights Leader: Download Here(.pdf)
- Fire involved officers (officer C. Cox and others)
- Public written apology
- All charges dropped
- Restitution for Mukasa Dada and his family for medical servicesand humiliation
- Police Department notified that acts ofbrutality must be punished.
- Public awareness of police brutality will be heightened.
- Public will know that policeoften use false arrest to hide their own criminal intent.
- Mukasa Dada will receive financialrestitution.
Follow-up Poll Here
Share Your News Items
If you have articles, photographs, video or other news coverage or commentary related to a monthly Action Alert Please contact us.
Remember we are striving for 5,000Participant STRONG every Action! If you have ever wondered how you can make an impact, its in sheer numbers. PleaseParticipate and Share this action with at least 5-10 others.
When did it becomeokay for Police at Black Colleges to Brutalize Black People?
The Talking Drum Newsletter Archive: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheDrumCollectiveNewsletter/messages
"Now is the time for us to come together with one another, to organize, to speak out andspeak up on behalf of each other. There is no time to waste, while we debate, define, anddiscuss; the enemy continues his genocidal plan. We need to bear in mind the Ashanti proverb:'Two men in a burning house must not stop to argue.' " - Dr. Mutulu Shakur
AFRICA MUST UNITE!
Assata Shakur Forum - http://www.assatashakur.org/forum
Buy Hands Off Assata T-Shirt - http://www.cafepress.com/assatashakur
Pan African TV - http://www.PanAfrican.TV
The Talking Drum - http://www.thetalkingdrum.com