Demand Medical treatment for PR PP

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16 1:20 PM
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      Bronx 718-601-4751
      Manhattan 212-927-9065
      New Jersey 201-435-3244

      At the same time that the FBI/U.S. government has assassinated Filiberto
      Ojeda, is trying to arrest Antonio Camacho Negron for no good reason, one of
      our 5 Puerto Rican Political Prisoners is being denied medical treatment for
      a serious ailment.

      Vieques Political Prisoner Jose Velez Acosta has been EXTREMELY ILL for
      almost a month. He has been bleeding profusely from his rectum, feels pain
      in his colon/kidney area, and has lost his appetite.

      He has been given various medications, but has not undergone any medical
      examinations. He has a Colonoscopy scheduled, but has not undergone the

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign is urging all our allies and supporters to
      download a PDF format copy of the following letter and mail it out to Warden
      Tracy Johns of USP Coleman I and demand that Jose Velez Acosta receive the
      medical attention he deserves!!

      The above PDF link is to three articles written in El dario/La Prensa (in
      English) about Antonio Camacho negron adn the ProLibertad picket organized
      on Friday Oct. 14th to denounce the FBI's attempts to arrest him!!

      The FBI has issued an arrest warrant for former Puerto Rican Political
      Prisoner Antonio Camacho Negron, arrested for being a part of the MACHETEROS
      in the late 1980s.

      The following is a statement that Antonio Camacho Negron wrote and asked
      ProLibertad read at the Oct. 14th picket:

      The allegation that the FBI has a warrant for my arrest for failure to serve
      15 more years in federal prison is false. It is a total fabrication. The FBI
      is interested in sequestering me for information that I have gathered
      surrounding Filiberto�s death, and have approached my family with this lie
      in the hopes that they will disclose my whereabouts.

      I am not �hiding�. I am , of course, being cautious, but I am using my cell
      phone, communicating with friends and family members, and still
      participating in public events. I am accessible. I feel that the FBI will
      make an attempt on my life and justify it with the fabricated lies in
      pursuit of the information I have shared with various elements of the Puerto
      Rican media, as well as to quell the revolutionary spirit that has been
      activated by Filiberto�s death.

      The FBI will resort to acts of terrorism against me and others who are
      calling for a full investigation of Filiberto�s death to terrify and silence
      the people from demanding the truth.

      Earlier this week, there were allegations by provocateur elements in Puerto
      Rico who have made bold attempts to smear the name and reputation of
      Filiberto�s wife. I believe that the smear tactics are a strategic ploy by
      the federal government to ruin her credibility as a witness to events that
      led to her husband�s assassination. I fully support Filiberto�s wife and
      family and trust the integrity and solidarity that has been instilled in
      each and every member by the late Puerto Rican leader.

      I have never been nor will ever be a fugitive from US agencies. I have
      honored his sentence to the fullest extent, and publicly exercises his right
      to express his political and moral views of the colonization of Puerto Rico
      by the United States which have made me one of the targets for censure,
      incarceration, and ultimately assassination.

      I am calm and collected, heartened by the reawakened spirit of the Puerto
      Rican people who have truly understood the social and political implications
      of the death of the great patriot Filiberto Ojeda Rios. That statehooders,
      independentistas, and the undecided all understand that Filiberto�s death
      was a political assassination done by the US to demoralize the Puerto Rican
      community, and to quell any and all dissent regarding the liberation of
      Puerto Rico, anti-war beliefs, and other social justice voices that seeks
      dignity, sovereignty, and democracy.

      I need the community at large to be vigilant about the conduct of law
      enforcement agents to safeguard my life, and the lives of my friends and
      family members. That the community should demand a thorough investigation on
      Filiberto�s death, and that the process be transparent and secure the human,
      civil, and social rights of Filiberto�s family, friends, and supporters. The
      community must demand that the law enforcement agents and their leadership
      be charged with the crimes that they are guilty of and that they are to be
      punished to the fullest extent of the law.

      I love Puerto Rico, and am proud of my people and my heritage, and that I
      will never ever waiver my rights to defend Puerto Rico.