Filiberto Ojeda/Tito Kayak

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com
      ProLibertad@...
      Bronx 718-601-4751
      Manhattan 212-927-9065
      New Jersey 201-435-3244

      DOWNLOAD THE SEPTEMBER EDITION OF EL COQUI LIBRE; ProLibertad's newsletter:
      http://www.prolibertadweb.com/eclSeptember2005.pdf

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign is calling on all of your allies to support
      TITO KAYAK on the morning of Oct. 11th at his court hearing. In this time
      of repression, tragedy and uncertainty, we have to keep the pressure and
      support on; TITO needs us to stand with him.

      We cannot allow another Boricua revolutionary go to jail; with repression at
      our heels, we have to stand strong and firm. In the spirit of Filiberto, we
      ask all folks to unite in support TITO.

      NO MORE PUERTO RICAN POLITICAL PRISONERS!!

      JUSTICE FOR TITO KAYAK!!
      TUESDAY OCTOBER 11TH, 2005 AT 9AM
      MANHATTAN CRIMINAL COURT 100 CENTRE ST.
      Subway: 4, 5, 6, J, M to Chambers St./Brooklyn Bridge; A, C, E to Chambers
      St.; R, N to Canal St.

      Join ProLibertad and the friends of Tito Kayak in NYC, as we support our
      brother Alberto �Tito Kayak� DeJesus!

      Tito Kayak, a Puerto Rican environmentalist and civil disobedient, was
      arrested on Monday June 13th, 2005 for attempting to lower the United
      Nations flag and replacing it with the Puerto Rican flag; this was an
      another attempt to call attention to the colonial condition of Puerto Rico
      and to the contamination on the island of Vieques!! As many of you
      remember, Tito Kayak was responsible for hanging the Puerto Rican and
      Vieques flags from the Statue of Liberty on November 2001. Tito was
      sentenced to jail for this act of civil disobedience and served his time in
      New York City and Puerto Rico.

      Tito�s hearing was scheduled for Thursday Sept. 8th at 9am; ProLibertad, the
      Friends of Tito Kayak and Long time Vieques activist Ismael Guadalupe
      supported Tito as his trial was scheduled for Tuesday October 11th, 2005 at
      9am!!

      Tito is facing a Class B misdemeanor charge of trespassing; if found guilty
      he will have to serve 90 days in jail!! Tito�s felony charge of Reckless
      endangerment was dropped!! Tito should not serve one day in jail!!

      TAKE THE DAY OFF FROM WORK!!
      SUPPORT TITO KAYAK!!