¡¡Viva Puerto Rico Libre!!-Sept.8-9

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      http://www.ProLibertadweb.com
      Bronx 718-601-4751
      Manhattan 212-927-9065
      New Jersey 201-435-3244

      DOWNLOAD THE AUGUST EDITION OF EL COQUI LIBRE; ProLibertad's newsletter:
      http://www.prolibertadweb.com/eclAugust2005.pdf

      Join ProLibertad on Thursday Sept. 8th and Friday Sept. 9th!! Thursday
      Sept. 8th for Tito kayak and Friday A special event/reception for former
      Puerto Rican/Vieques Political Prisoners TITO KAYAK, ISMAEL GUADALUPE AND
      ANTONIO CAMACHO NEGRON!!

      THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH AT 9AM!! JUSTICE FOR TITO KAYAK!!
      Thursday Sept. 8th at 9am
      100 Centre St. Manhattan Criminal Court
      Subway: 4, 5, 6, J, M to Chambers St./Brooklyn Bridge; A, C, E to Chambers
      St.; R, N to Canal St.

      Join ProLibertad, Ismael Guadalupe Ortiz (Long time Vieques Activist), and
      the friends of Tito Kayak in NYC, as we support our brother Alberto �Tito
      Kayak� DeJesus!!

      Tito Kayak, a Puerto Rican environmentalist and civil disobedient, was
      arrested on Monday June 13th, 2005 for attempting to lower the United
      Nations flag and replacing it with the Puerto Rican flag; this was an
      another attempt to call attention to the colonial condition of Puerto Rico
      and to the contamination on the island of Vieques!!

      As many of you remember, Tito Kayak was responsible for hanging the Puerto
      Rican and Vieques flags from the Statue of Liberty on November 2001. Tito
      was sentenced to jail for this act of civil disobedience and served his time
      in New York City and Puerto Rico.

      This latest civil disobedience took place during the United Nations
      De-Colonization Hearings, as a delegation from Puerto Rico and throughout
      the United States testified for the liberation of Puerto Rico from U.S.
      colonialism. Tito was released from prison on Tuesday June 14th; Tito has a
      hearing on Thursday Sept. 8th!! Tito could be facing 3-7 years for his
      endangerment
      charge and 90 days for trespassing!!

      Tito needs our support!! Take the day off from Work!! We have to pack the
      court house and make sure that this brother receives justice!!

      The Puerto Rican Movement: The Struggle Continues!!

      Friday September 9th, 2005 at 6:30pm at
      St. Mary�s Episcopal Church 521 w126th St.
      (between Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue)
      Take the 1 or 9 train to W125th St. and Broadway

      $5 donation (no one will be turned away)

      Join the ProLibertad Freedom Campaign for a night of dialogue and
      conversation with Vieques Activist/Environmentalist Tito Kayak, long time
      Vieques Activist Ismael Guadalupe and former Puerto Rican Political Prisoner
      Antonio Camacho
      Negron!!

      We will be discussing the Vieques struggle, the Puerto Rican independence
      movement, and the work to free the Puerto Rican Political Prisoners!!

      Join us and learn how you can make freedom and liberation happen!! We
      encourage all PEOPLES to attend and learn about the Puerto Rican National
      Liberation Struggle!!

      Light refreshments and beverages will be provided!