Add on to the Mental Rhythms Of A Nation: drumbeat-weekend_edition · The Drum Beat

  • Ishaq
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005

      Digital Drumming -- The Mental Rhythms Of A Nation

      Mission Statement

      The Drum Beat Discussion & Information Center:

      ...is a serious issues group created to inform the African American community. Our intention is to gain knowledge, have fun, and lend a helping hand! We encourage all opinions, which are open for debate. No one in this group is dumb or stupid. No one in this group will be looked down upon because of his or her belief. Everyone is an equal, everyone's point of view is welcomed. We can't be hurt any more now by someone's opinions, than we have been during our 360 years in this country. We are a very intelligent people that can surely handle any and every topic with wisdom and discernment!!! This is how we learn, this is how we grow, this is how we build! We now have three group e-mail addresses that you can use to send good information and great websites.

      "Hatip" Sisters & Brothers!

      "HOTEP" (It's Meaning & Origin)

      "Hatpi"

      ...is the Akkadian pronunciation of the New Kingdom Kami (i.e. Egyptian) word for "Peace". Today, a lot of people pronounce it as "Hotep" or spell it as "Hetep". An older pronunciation of it would be "Hatip" an indigenous Kami pronunciation as revealed on page 36 of Antonio Loprieno's book "Ancient Egyptian; A Linguistic Introduction". The actual orthodox spelling of it would be "htp".

      Many Thanks to Brother Djehuti for his wonderful teachings here at Drum
      Beat!

      to subscribe to the drumbeat and add you your riddim flow, sounds, knowledge and thoughts:

      *******************

      My name is Yoshayah Ben Yehudah, Chairmen of The Drum Beat's Board of Directors and this introduction is about a new African American community service called...

      "The Drum Beat Interactive Information Center"

      A serious "people of color" issues, news, and topics source! We would like to become available to as many of our Sisters and Brothers as
      possible!
      Please view our mission statement at: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/5966/Statement1.html

      Our main goal is to provide a means for sharing informative information through our membership.

      In other words, "E-NETWORKING" by sisters and brothers from all over the world!

      Secondly, we're working to establish a meeting place for brothers & sisters to interact with topics and events, that has an impact on our communities the world over. Hence, the egroups community accounts (where Drum Beat first got started), the bulletin board (on our website) and the temporary chatroom (which when our membership began using, we'll create our own chat irc).
      Free email service (such as hotmail) at: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/5966/FreeMail.html

      Or logon at: http://partners.everyone.net/26596/email/scripts/unifiedlogin.pl?EV1=9930616507410

      In the very near future, we plan to establish a listing of members personal and business websites. Building a "for the people...by the people" community service.

      Team Drum Beat
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/drumbeat-weekend_edition/

      ---
      Stay Strong\
      \
       "Be a friend to the oppressed and an enemy to the oppressor" \
      --Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib (as)\
      \
       "We restate our commitment to the peace process. But we will not submit to a process of humiliation."\
      --patrick o'neil\
      \
      http://www.sleepybrain.net/vanilla.html
      \