Oscar Lopez Rivera has been moved!!

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com
      ProLibertad@...
      Bronx 718-601-4751
      Manhattan 212-927-9065
      New Jersey 201-435-3244

      El Coqui Libre is the ProLibertad Freedom Campaign Newsletter; we ask all
      our allies and supporters to download a copy of the newsletter and forward
      the link throughout your lists.

      Download the May 2005 edition of the ProLibertad Newsletter El Coqui Libre:
      http://www.prolibertadweb.com/eclMay2005.pdf

      OSCAR LOPEZ RIVERA HAS BEEN MOVED!!

      On April 12th, Puerto Rican Political Prisoner Oscar Lopez Rivera was moved
      from the Federal Correctional Institution in in Terre Haute, Indiana to the
      U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute.

      According to a letter ProLibertad received from Oscar Lopez Rivera, the
      Penitentiary is larger than the Federal Correctional Institution; the
      Penitentiary is also behind walls.

      In his last prison, Oscar could see the trees, had access to the birds, and
      to a nice running track. In the new prison, all the units are separated
      from each other; in order to go from unit to another he has to go outside
      and walk from building to building.

      According to Oscar, on his first day there, he had to walk in the rain to
      get to the commissary to eat; he arrived soaking wet. Oscar also commented
      that the new prison is like a military camp because they have to wear a
      Khaki uniform and boots all of the time.

      Oscar has also commented that there is not enough space provided for artists
      to work. According to Oscar, there is plenty of space, but that the artists
      are relegated to a small area, where they are, �on top of each other.� He
      is going to be sending us information soon about how we can support him and
      the other artists.

      If you want to write to Oscar, please send him a letter or postcard to:

      Oscar Lopez Rivera
      #87651-024
      U.S. Penitentiary
      P.O. Box 12015