{Dangerous Content?} Funk pioneer Rick James has been found dead

  • ausetkmt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 1:06 PM
      Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
      Warning: (msg-23351-8.html).
      Warning: Please read the "dafdf-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

      Family -
      It is with the deepest of Sadness in My Heart that we announce
      the passing of our Great and Talented Brother, Rick James.

      Bro Had his problems, like all of us,
      and when he Found God; it seemed to all change.
      We're sending Prayers and Condolences to His Family
      and close associates; as Bro Supa Freak will be Sorely Missed.

      in celebration of his musical genius,
      we'll be playing a live tribute show to
      Bro Rick James tonight from 7pm et to 9pm.et

      we'll feature his hits, and others who made
      his hits, hits again. check us out on Live365radio
      click in here <http://www.live365.com/stations/ausetkmt>
      we'll also be adding him to our hall of musical fame
      on our main website at ausetkmt.com. come check it,,

      A Luta Continua Soldiers - Throw it Up Fa Ya Man
      "Rick James - Mr Super Freak"

      ~RE

      ~RE Ausetkmt
      For all-a-us here at Realities Groups.
      ---------------------------------------
      Check out our Live Rick James Tribute
      starting tonight at 7pm ET on Live 365 Radio
      click in here <http://www.live365.com/stations/ausetkmt>

      <http://www.rickjames.com/>
      The Singer's Website is Currently Un-Available due to overwhelming Hits
      from Fans

      *Rick James*

      *February 1, 1948 - August 6, 2004*

      Rick James

      *Breaking News*

      *
      August 6, 2004: Rick James has passed away*

      *
      *It has been confirmed that Rick James has passed away.

      Please put him and his family in your prayers.

      Official updates will be posted as they are received.

      Please note that our website has been flooded with traffic from his
      legions of fans worldwide.

      We are doing our best to keep the server online.

      <http://www.thehometownchannel.com/entertainment/3625335/detail.html>

      Rick James Dies

      POSTED: 3:21 pm EDT August 6, 2004
      UPDATED: 3:34 pm EDT August 6, 2004

      *LOS ANGELES -- *Funk pioneer Rick James has been found dead at his home
      in Los Angeles.
      AP Image
      Rick James

      He was 56.

      James, best known for the 1981 hit "Super Freak," died Friday,
      apparently of natural causes, police said. James died at 9:45 a.m. at a
      residence near Universal City, said Police Department spokeswoman Esther
      Reyes.

      James served two years in prison in the 1990s for two separate incidents
      in which he assaulted women while he was high on cocaine.After his
      release in 1996, he suffered a stroke, and was waylaid by hip surgery
      and heart failure.

      <http://msnbc.msn.com/ID/5625044/>

      Rick James found dead
      Singer best known for hit 'Super Freak'
      died of apparent natural causes
      Singer Rick James was found dead at a residence near Universal City.
      BREAKING NEWS
      The Associated Press
      Updated: 3:45 p.m. ET Aug. 6, 2004

      LOS ANGELES - Funk legend Rick James, best known for the 1981 hit "Super
      Freak," died Friday, apparently of natural causes, police said.

      James died at 9:45 a.m. at a residence near Universal City, said Police
      Department spokeswoman Esther Reyes.

      "We learned of his death after responding to a radio call," Reyes said.

      After his big hit, James' fame began to fade as he became embroiled in
      drugs, legal problems and health issues.

      James was convicted in 1993 of assaulting two women. The first attack
      occurred in 1991 when he restrained and burned a young woman with a hot
      pipe during a cocaine binge at his house in West Hollywood. He was free
      on bail when the second assault occurred in 1992 in James' hotel room.

      James was sentenced to more than two years in state prison.

      In 1997, he released a new album, but a year later he suffered a stroke
      while performing at Denver's Mammoth Events Center, derailing a comeback
      tour.

      In 1998 he also underwent hip replacement surgery.

      With his trademark Jheri curl, James was one of the biggest R&B stars of
      the 1980s, using danceable rhythms and passionate ballads to gain a wide
      following. Aside from "Super Freak" -- which MC Hammer used a decade
      later as the backing track for his monster hit "U Can't Touch This" --
      James' hits included "Mary Jane," "Ebony Eyes" and "Fire and Desire," a
      stirring duet with Teena Marie.

      <http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&tab=nn&q=Rick+James&btnG=Search+News>

      <http://www.eurweb.com/articles/headlines/07212004/headlines1549907212004.cfm>

      * BUMP J, RICK JAMES AND KANYE IN THE STUDIO:
      Unlikely trio records track for new Bump J album. *

      (Jul. 21, 2004) Rick James and Atlantic recording artist Bump J (Bumpy
      Johnson)
      were in the studio recently with producer Kanye West to record "On the
      Run,"
      a track from Bump's as-yet-untitled debut album, due in Spring 2005.

      The disc from the Chicago native will also feature cameos from Twista,
      John Legend,
      Jagged Edge and production by Trackboyz.

      The mixtape mainstay has been on the low for over a year,
      and just released the track "Welcome To Grimmeyville Pt. 2."

      <http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/ap20040806_1185.html>

      <http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2004-08-06-rick-james-obit_x.htm>

      Funk singer Rick James dies in Los Angeles
      LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Funk singer Rick James, best known for the 1981 hit
      /Super Freak,/ died Friday, apparently of natural causes, police said.
      Singer Rick James died Friday of natural causes.
      By Kevin Winter, Getty Images

      James, 56, died at 9:45 a.m. at a residence near Universal City, said
      Officer Esther Reyes, a Police Department spokeswoman.

      "He died apparently of natural causes. We learned of his death after
      responding to a radio call," Reyes said.

      After his big hit, James' fame began to fade as he became embroiled in
      legal problems and health troubles.