Author: Godfrey Higgins Anacalypsis: An Attempt to Draw Aside the Veil of the Saitic Isis; Or an Inquiry Into the Origin of Languages, Nations and Religion

  • solomon abdul-Rahman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2004

      Thank you.  Also, what is your opinion of, Mr. Higgins?

      Subject:  Historynotes-l Re: Interesting similarities

      Presented below are various sources containing a wealth of
      information that can be compared with the information presented by
      Massey.

      Djehuti Sundaka

      ON THE KAMY LANGUAGE

      A Concise Dictionary Of Middle Egyptian (1962)
      Raymond O. Faulkner
      Griffith Institute

      Ancient Egyptian: A Linguistic Introduction (1995)
      Antonio Loprieno
      Cambridge University Press

      English-Egyptian Index Of Faulkner's Concise Dictionary Of Middle
      Egyptian (1977)
      David Shennum
      Undena Publications

      Egyptian Grammar (1957)
      Sir Alan Gardiner
      Griffith Institute

      Introduction To Sahidic Coptic (1983)
      Thomas O. Lambdin
      Mercer University Press

      ON THE LEGACY OF KAMAT

      Black Athena: Volumes 1 & 2 (1987) & (1991)
      Martin Bernal
      Rutgers University Press

      Black Spark, White Fire (1997)
      Richard Poe
      Prima Publishing

      Egypt, Canaan, And Israel In Ancient Times (1992)
      Donald B. Redford
      Princeton University Press

      Egypt: The World Of The Pharaohs (1998)
      Regine Shulz, Matthias Seidel
      Konemann

      The Secret Lore Of Egypt: Its Impact On The West (2001)
      Erik Hornung
      Cornell University Press

      ON RELIGION

      New Testament Fundamentals (1994)
      Stevan L. Davies
      Polebridge Press

      The Ancient Gods Speak: A Guide To Egyptian Religion (2002)
      Donald B. Redford
      Oxford University Press

      The Bible Unearthed (2002)
      Israel Finkelstein, Neil Asher Silberman
      Touchstone

      The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt (2003)
      Richard H. Wilkinson
      Thames & Hudson

      The Egyptian Book Of The Dead: The Book Of Going Forth By Day (1994)
      James Wasserman
      Chronicle Books

      The Hidden Book In The Bible (1998)
      Richard Elliott Friedman
      Harper & Row Publishers, Inc.

      Who Wrote The Bible? (1987)
      Richard Elliott Friedman
      Harper & Row Publishers, Inc.

      Who Wrote The Gospels? (1997)
      Randel McCraw Helms
      Millennium Press

      --- In historynotes@yahoogroups.com, Sirius Dawgstar <biff318@y...>
      wrote:
      > That is interesting, could you please point me in the right
      direction.
      > I would be interested to reading some contrasting views.
      > Several well respected scholars, John Heinrik Clark, Chancellor
      Williams, George James, to name a few all suggest that we should re-
      exam Masseys work.

      > Djehuti Sundaka <ahuguley@i...> wrote:
      > I've read through Gerald Massey's works and his information is by
      no
      > means reliable. In his works you will find letters he had written
      > an actual Egyptologist to whom he had submitted his own ideas for

      approval.

      > Djehuti Sundaka
      >

      > --- In historynotes@yahoogroups.com, Sirius Dawgstar <biff318@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > I had a chance to review a few lectures by Gerald Massey a cira
      > 1900 Egytologist ( who happened to a Scottsman). He offered some
      very
      > interesting interpretations for the books of the bible attributed
      > Moses. Is anyone familar with his work and what was you take?
      > >
      > > solomon abdul-Rahman <solomon_abdulrahman@y...> wrote:Mr.
      Muhammad
      > said, he learned this info from a Mr. Fard Muhamad so,Genesis was
      not
      > his "inspiration" for, said story, though his version verifies this.
      > >

      > > There are also similarities between the biblical story of
      Yaaqob
      > > (Genesis 30:32-42) and Elijah Muhammad's story of Yakub showing
      > where
      > > Mr. Muhammad's inspiration for the story had come from.
      > >
      > > Djehuti Sundaka
      > >

      > > --- In historynotes@yahoogroups.com, solomon abdul-Rahman
      > > <solomon_abdulrahman@y...> wrote:
      > > > IN MY OPINION, THERE ARE SEVERAL SIMILARITIES.1. MR. MUHAMMAD
      > > TAUGHT THAT, AFTER CAUCASIANS STARTED TROUBLE, AMONG THE BLACKS,
      > THEY
      > > WERE FORCED TO CROSS THE DESERT AND... 2. WERE FORCED INTO CAVES
      > > AND... 3. HAD 6,000 YEARS TO, RULE THE EARTH.
      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > > The First Book of Adam and Eve
      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > >
      > > > Prologue
      > > > The First Book of Adam and Eve details the life and times of
      Adam
      > > and Eve after they were expelled from the garden to the time that
      > > Cain kills his brother Abel. It tells of Adam and Eve's first
      > > dwelling - the Cave of Treasures; their trials and temptations;
      > > Satan's many apparitions to them; the birth of Cain, Abel, and
      their
      > > twin sisters; and Cain's love for his beautiful twin sister,
      Luluwa,
      > > whom Adam and Eve wished to join to Abel.
      > > > This book is considered by many scholars to be part of
      > > the "Pseudepigrapha" (soo-duh-pig-ruh-fuh). The "Pseudepigrapha"
      is
      > > collection of historical biblical works that are considered to be
      > > fiction. Because of that stigma, this book was not included in the
      > > compilation of the Holy Bible. This book is a written history of

      what
      > > happened in the days of Adam and Eve after they were cast out of
      the
      > > garden. Although considered to be pseudepigraphic by some, it
      > carries
      > > significant meaning and insight into events of that time. It is
      > > doubtful that these writings could have survived all the many
      > > centuries if there were no substance to them.
      > > > This book is simply a version of an account handed down by word
      of
      > > mouth, from generation to generation, linking the time that the
      > first
      > > human life was created to the time when somebody finally decided
      > > write it down. This particular version is the work of unknown
      > > Egyptians. The lack of historical allusion makes it difficult to
      > > precisely date the writing, however, using other pseudepigraphical
      > > works as a reference, it was probably written a few hundred years
      > > before the birth
      of Christ. Parts of this version are found in the
      > > Jewish Talmud, and the Islamic Koran, showing what a vital role it
      > > played in the original literature of human wisdom. The Egyptian
      > > author wrote in Arabic, but later translations were found written
      in
      > > Ethiopic. The present English translation was translated in the
      late
      > > 1800's by Dr. S. C. Malan and Dr. E. Trumpp. They translated into
      > > King James English from both the Arabic version and the Ethiopic
      > > version which was then published in The Forgotten Books of Eden
      > > > in 1927 by The World Publishing Company.
      > > >
      > > > Chapter I - The crystal sea, God commands Adam, expelled from
      > > Eden, to live in the Cave of Treasures.
      > > >
      > > > 9 And God commanded him to live there in a cave in a rock the
      Cave
      > > of Treasures below the garden.
      > > >
      > > > Chapter II - Adam and Eve faint when they leave the Garden. God
      > > sends His Word to encourage them
      > > >
      > > > 2 And when they came to the opening of the gate of the garden,
      and
      > > saw the broad earth spread before them, covered with stones large
      > and
      > > small, and with sand, they feared and trembled, and fell on their
      > > faces, from the fear that came over them; and they were as dead.
      > LIKE
      > > A DESERT
      > > >
      > > > Chapter III - Concerning the promise of the great five and a
      half
      > > days.
      > > >
      > > > 3 But when Adam heard these words from God, and of the great
      five
      > > and a half days, he did not understand the meaning of them.
      > > > 4 For Adam was thinking there would be only five and a half days
      > > for him until the end of the world.
      > > > 5 And Adam cried, and prayed to God
      to explain it to him.
      > > > 6 Then God in his mercy for Adam who was made after His own
      image
      > > and likeness, explained to him, that these were 5,000 and 500
      years;
      > > CLOSE TO 6,000
      > > >
      > > > 17 Strengthen your heart, therefore, and stay in the Cave of
      > > Treasures, of which I have before spoken to you."
      > > >
      > > > Chapter IV - Adam mourns over the changed conditions. Adam and
      Eve
      > > enter the Cave of Treasures.
      > > >
      > > > 2 And indeed, when Adam looked at his flesh, that was altered,
      he
      > > cried bitterly, he and Eve, over what they had done. And they
      walked
      > > and went gently down into the Cave of Treasures. THAT THEIR SKIN
      WAS
      > > NOW WHITE?
      > > > 3 And as they came to it, Adam cried over himself and said to
      > > Eve, "Look at this cave that is to be our prison in this
      world,
      and
      > > place of punishment!
      > > > 4 What is it compared with the garden? What is its narrowness
      > > compared with the space of the other?
      > > > 5 What is this rock, by the side of those groves? What is the
      > gloom
      > > of this cavern, compared with the light of the garden?
      > > > 6 What is this overhanging ledge of rock to shelter us, compared
      > > with the mercy of the Lord that overshadowed us?
      > > > 7 What is the soil of this cave compared with the garden land?
      > This
      > > earth, strewed with stones; and that, planted with delicious fruit
      > > trees?"
      > > >
      > > > Chapter VI - God's reprimand to Adam and Eve in which he points
      > out
      > > how and why they sinned.
      > > >
      > > > 5 Of your own free will have you transgressed through your
      desire
      > > for divinity, greatness, and an
      exalted state, such as I have; so
      > > that I deprived you of the bright nature in which you then were,
      and
      > > I made you come out of the garden to this land, rough and full of
      > > trouble.
      > > >
      > > > http://apoc.faithweb.com/pseudo/ae.html

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Djehuti Sundaka
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
        Anacalypsis is something I recall not really reading but having
        skimmed through due to nothing in it proving to be informative. To
        obtain more precise truths on matters, we must keep up to date on the
        latest research and to some extent be researchers ourselves by
        understanding what the researchers understand instead of just what
        they say. For instance, Donald Redford and Israel Finkelstein offer
        great archaeological research pertaining to the Bible and Kamat.
        However, Kamat is Redford's field of expertise while Kna'an is
        Finkelstein's. So Finkelstein will be more likely to present the
        latest findings on ancient YisraEl (such as the fact that they were
        merely highland Kna'aniym, not a different people) while Redford will
        present findings on Kamat (such as crosscultural literary comparisons
        pertaining to Exodus stories and the Expulsion). Being
        archaeologists, they have a particular perspective on various things
        including the dating of biblical source materials. However, biblical
        criticism is not the field of expertise for either of them. That's
        Richard Friedman's domain. So there are differences in how the
        archaeologists proceed in dating the J-source and how biblical
        critics date the J-source and one will find that experts who venture
        outside of their domain tend to fall into error. It's important to
        know where experts are expertise and only attend to that information
        from them. The advantage of a non-expert is in being able to see the
        expert information from all of them and discover things they could
        not have discovered alone. For instance, from Friedman and Michael
        Kaufman, we know that the P-source is prior to the D-source, contrary
        to popular belief. Friedman has good reason to belive that the P-
        source had been written during the reign of KhizqiYahw (Hezekiah) but
        Redford has identified material in it that could not have pre-dated
        630 BCE. So, based on their fields of expertise, we know that the P-
        source is pre-Exilic (contrary to what Redford believes) and that it
        is no earlier than c. 630 BCE (contrary to what Friedman believes).
        It was therefore written sometime between 630-622 BCE before the D-
        source. By examining the information from their fields of expertise,
        answers can be arrived at that neither experts were likely to have
        seen alone.

        Djehuti Sundaka

        --- In historynotes@yahoogroups.com, solomon abdul-Rahman
        <solomon_abdulrahman@y...> wrote:

        > Thank you. Also, what is your opinion of, Mr. Higgins?
        >
        > Anacalypsis: An Attempt to Draw Aside the Veil of the Saitic Isis;
        Or an Inquiry Into the Origin of Languages, Nations and Religion