ProLibertad June Activities

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1 6:04 AM
      Check out the June Updated ProLibertad Website:
      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com

      Join the ProLibertad Freedom Campaign for our annual Reception for the
      Puerto Rico Delegation of the United Nations De-Colonization Committee
      Hearing!!

      Every year a Delegation from Puerto Rico comes to the United Nations
      totestify to the U.N. De-Colonization Committee, to make the case for the
      liberation of Puerto Rico and the release of the Puerto Rican
      PoliticalPrisoners and Prisoners of War. This delegation is made of various
      activists from the different organizations that fight for the independence
      of Puerto Rico.

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign organizes a reception for this delegation
      as an opportunity for allies of the Puerto Rican independence movement to
      converse with the delegation about Puerto Rico in the United Nations and to
      hear an update about the various struggles in Puerto Rico.

      The receptions discussion topics will include:
      *The workers Struggle in Puerto Rico!!
      *Vieques and the Four Ds!!
      *The Puerto Rican Political Prisoners!!
      *Puerto Rico and the International Struggle!!
      *U.S. Imperialism and Colonialism!!

      Monday June 14th, 2004 at 6:30pm
      Hunter College West Building Second Floor Room 217
      (Take the 6 train to E68th St. and Lexington Avenue)

      Food, Literature, and Conversation!!

      Donation: $10 (No one will be turned away)

      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com

      VERY IMPORTANT SAVE THE
      DATE!!****************************************************************************

      Dear Allies, Friends, Comrades:

      The 10th Anniversary Celebration of the ProLibertad Freedom Campaign will
      take place on Friday, June 25, 2004, at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Labor
      Center 119/SIEU, located at 310 West 43 Street in Manhattan. This important
      benchmark in the 10-year history of the work of ProLibertad to obtain the
      release of the Puerto Rican political prisoners and prisoners of war will be
      held from 7pm until midnight.

      We are also anticipating the participation of friends and supporters from
      Puerto Rico. The evening will be a celebration of 10 years of making freedom
      happen! We will have a minimal amount of speakers, a salsa band, spoken
      word, etc.

      We will have Latin/Jazz Orchestra, �Mambo Jazzy!!�, The Welfare
      Poets, Mariposa, Sandra Rodriguez & Much More Music, and Spoken Word!! The
      food will be CRIOLLA and so we the fun!! LIVE DJING WITH DJ CARLITO, all the
      Salsa,
      Merengue, and HipHop you can dance to!!

      Tickets will be $25.00 for individuals, $40.00 for couples. If you are
      interested in purchasing a ticket or selling tickets within your
      organization, Please contact us at ProLibertad@...

      We will be publishing a commemorative journal and prices for ads will be as
      follows:

      Full page: 7 1/2" x 10" $200
      Half Page: 7 1/2" x 4 3/4" $100
      Quarter Page: 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" $50
      BC size: 3 1/2" x 2" $25

      The check or money order should be made out to IFCO/ProLibertad, in the memo
      section write, �ProLibertad Journal� and send it to:

      IFCO/ProLibertad
      402 W145th St.
      NY, NY 10031

      Preferred format is PDF for the ads. If not, people should send Word
      documents. The NEW deadline for ad space is Friday June 4th, 2004 by 5pm.
    • ProLibertad Campaign