N'COBRA 15th ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2004 UPDATE!!!!!

  • wautella
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      N'COBRA 15th ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2004 UPDATE!!!!!

      Topics

      Conference Location
      Speakers and Participants List
      Art Contest Information
      Lobbying for Reparations on Capitol Hill
      Litigation Strategies Forum
      Gala Reparations Banquet
      N'COBRA Organization Leadership Roundtable
      N'COBRA Youth Summit
      N'COBRA 2nd National Reparations Unity Forum & Rally
      Reparations Run/Walk (5K)
      Conference Workshop
      Sunrise Spiritual Services
      Hotel Information

      Greetings Reparations Activists and Supporters,

      Planning is underway for perhaps one of the best Reparations events
      ever! You don't want to miss this one.

      The N'COBRA 2004 Conference theme: "Coalition Building and
      Operational Unity"

      We plan an annual conference that is educational and entertaining for
      all participants. Our mission is to advance the Reparations Movement
      by bringing together Reparations activists from varying perspectives
      to network, share information and strategies for future victories, and
      celebrate past ones. N'COBRA's Organization Leadership Roundtable,
      Conference Workshops and Cultural Entertainment Night will be
      memorable activities. Conference site:

      Howard University
      Blackburn Center
      2400 Sixth Street NW (off Georgia Avenue)
      Washington, DC

      The Largest and Most Informative Annual Gathering of National
      Organizations, Leaders, and Supporters for Reparations. Workshops led
      by National Reparations Activists and Educators; Black Arts Exhibit;
      Commemoration of Our Ancestors; Black Business Marketplace, and much more

      Make Your Plans Now!

      MAIN EVENTS

      THURSDAY 17th

      LOBBYING FOR REPARATIONS ON CAPITIOL HILL

      LITIGATION STRATEGIES FORUM (invitation only)

      A special Reparations litigation forum to develop strategies for
      future initiatives. Will
      include representatives and attorneys from the Corporate Reparations
      Class Action Law suit, and the Tulsa Oklahoma Reparations Lawsuit.

      GALA REPARATIONS BANQUET (not included with registration)
      6pm-10pm

      A tribute to the federal, state, and local legislators who have
      championed resolutions and bills in support of Reparations and the
      passage of H.R.40.

      FRIDAY 18th

      N'COBRA ORGANIZATIONS' LEADERSHIP ROUNDTABLE
      (invitation only)

      A Leadership Roundtable meeting of organization leaders to further
      develop N'COBRA's organizational wing and create a National
      Reparations Coalition Agenda for the coming year.

      N'COBRA YOUTH COMMISSION'S "YOUTH SUMMIT"

      WASHINGTON BLACK HISTORY TOUR - Part I

      N'COBRA 2nd NATIONAL REPARATIONS UNITY FORUM & RALLY
      7:30-10:30pm

      SATURDAY 19th

      REPARATIONS RUN/WALK (5K): "Run For Justice"
      7-8:30am (not included with registration)

      CONFERENCE OPENS 9:00am

      COMMISSIONS MEETING

      WORKSHOPS: "Reparations Injury and Recovery"

      Workshops will focus on the injury areas, as defined by the N'COBRA
      Legal Strategies Commission, i.e., Wealth and Poverty, Health,
      Peoplehood/Self Determi nation, Educa- tion, and Criminal Punishment.
      Interactive workshops with activists and scholars whose work has
      focused on particular injury and recovery areas.

      PLENARY: "The State of The Reparations Movement"

      REGIONAL CAUCUS MEETING

      GENERAL MEMBERSHIP BUSINESS MEETING - Part I

      AN EVENING OF CULTURAL ENTERTAINMENT

      SUNDAY 20th

      SUNRISE SPIRITUAL SERVICE 6:30

      WASHINGTON BLACK HISTORY TOUR - Part II

      GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING - Part II 10:45am-5:00pm

      N'COBRA Assessment & Proposals

      For more information visit: www.NCOBRA.org

      Partial Confirmed List

      Mr. Hannibal Afrik,
      National Co Chair,
      National Coalition Of Blacks for
      Reparations in America

      Ms. Adjoa Aiyetoro,
      Esq., Chair
      N'COBRA Legal Strategies Commission

      Mr. Richard America
      School of Business
      George Washington University

      Mr. Bob Brown,
      Co-Director, Pan African Roots

      Dr. Iva Carruthers,
      President,
      Orita Circle/Trinity United Church
      of Christ-Chicago

      Mr. John Conyers Jr.,
      Congressman, Detroit, MI
      Ranking Member of the House
      Judiciary Committee and Dean of
      the Congressional Black Caucus

      Mr. Ron Daniels,
      Executive Director,
      The Center for Constitutional Rights

      Mr. B. Kwaku Duren,
      Esq., Chair,
      New Panther Vanguard Movement

      Ms. Deadria Farmer-Paellman,
      The Restitution Study Group

      Mr. William Fletcher,
      President, TransAfrica Forum

      Dr. Maulana Karenga,
      Chair, The Organization Us and
      the creator of Kwanzaa

      Ms. Dorothy Benton Lewis,
      National Co Chair,
      National Coalition Of Blacks for
      Reparations in America

      Ms. Cynthia McKinney,
      Candidate for US Congress

      Dr. Imari Obadele,
      Minister of Foreign Affairs,
      Republic of New Afrika

      Ms. Johnita Obadele,
      Co-Chair, N'COBRA Membership/Organizational
      Development Commission

      Ms. Sonia Sanchez,
      Poet

      Ms. Gilda Sherrod-Ali,
      Esq., Co Chair,
      National Conference Of Black Lawyer

      Mr. Damu Smith,
      Founder & Co Chair,
      Black Voices for Peace

      Ms. Nkechi Taifa,
      Esq., Co Chair,
      N'COBRA Legislative Commission

      Mr. Mark (Matsimela) Thompson,
      Talk Show Host, Radio One, XM Radio

      Dr. Ron Walters,
      Director
      African American Leadership Institute, University of Maryland

      Ms. JoAnn Watson,
      Councilmember, Detroit City Council

      Dr. Ray Winbush,
      Director, Institute for Urban Affairs,
      Morgan State University

      Dr. Conrad Worrill,
      National Chairman, National
      Black United Front

      Hotel Information

      Holiday Inn on The Hill is the conference official hotel and is the
      site for the Gala Reparations Banquet. Located just 2 blocks from the
      U.S. Capitol, it is also an ideal location for those planning to
      participate in N'COBRA's "Lobbying For Reparations on Capitol Hill."

      For more information visit:
      http://www.washingtondchotelfinder.com/Holiday-Inn-The-Hill.html

      Holiday Inn on The Hill Queen $139.00
      415 New Jersey Avenue NW Double/Queen $149.00
      Washington, DC 20001
      202.434.0115
      202.347.1813 (fax)

      Holiday Inn Silver Spring Double $84.00
      8777 Georgia Avenue
      Silver Spring, MD 20910
      301-589-0800
      301.587.4791 (fax)

      Ramada Limited 1 Full Size Bed $70.00
      7990 Georgia Avenue 2 Full size Beds $80.00
      Silver Spring, MD 20910
      301.565.3444
      301.588.2207 (fax)

      Akwaaba is an excellent Black owned and operated bed & breakfast hotel

      Akwaaba Washington, DC 2 Rooms @ $150.00
      1708 16th Street, NW 2 Rooms @ $155.00
      Washington, DC 20009 2 Rooms @ $175.00
      202.332.4100 2 Rooms @ $190.00

      www.akwaaba.com

      REGISTRATION FORM

      Please register me for the National Coalition Of Blacks for
      Reparations in America (N'COBRA)Conference 2004. I understand a one
      year individual membership is included with registration.
      (Every conference attendee and presenter must fill out a registration
      form)

      Name:_____________________________________________

      Preferred Name for Badge:________________________

      Address:__________________________________________________________

      City:_______________________ State:______ Zip______________

      Country:________________________

      Telephone:_____________________ Fax:___________________

      E-mail:____________________________

      CONFERENCE COST INFORMATION:

      _____I require special accommodations to fully participate (attach
      explanation).

      Before 5-26-04 On Site

      Attendee $80 $100 $_______

      Life Members $65 $65 $_______

      Seniors & Students with ID $75 $75 $_______

      Free with new Lifetime Membership $500 $_______

      CONFERENCE EXTRAS

      Gala Reparations Banquet $100 $_______

      Reparations Run/Walk $25 $_______

      I am unable to attend. Here is my donation
      of support in the amount of: $_______

      Total $_______

      Make checks payable in US dollars to: DC N'COBRA

      Please send me information for: Souvenir Book Ad ____

      I plan to participate in: Lobbying on Capitol Hill____

      PAYMENT INFORMATION:

      Please check form of payment. If paying by credit card, please supply
      the following information.

      ____VISA _____MASTERCARD ____ U.S. CHECK ____ MONEY ORDER
      Credit card information is accepted by fax

      Credit Card No. _________________________________

      Date of Expiration:___________________

      Signature as appears on card:____________________________________

      Written requests for refunds will be honored prior to May 17, 2004
      minus a 10% administrative cost.

      I AM ENCLOSING A TOTAL AMOUNT OF $_____________

      MAIL OR FAX REGISTRATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS TO:

      N'COBRA 15th Annual Conference
      P.O. Box 716
      Washington, DC 20044-0716

      Phone: 202-736-1719 Fax 202-291-4600