Ismael Guadalupe Torres is Free!!

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2003
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign is urging people to open up their calendars
      and plan to attend the following activities!! Make sure to visit our
      website for any additional information: http://ProLibertadWeb.tripod.com

      ALSO, ISMAEL GUADALUPE TORRES, THE LAST VIEQUES POLITICAL PRISONER, WAS
      FREED FROM MDC GUAYNABO YESTERDAY TUESDAY JUNE 10TH, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO
      READ ABOUT HIS RELEASE AND SEE HIM IN PERSON AT OUR YOUTH ENCOUNTER ON
      FRIDAY JUNE 27, 2003!!

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      ProLibertad@...
      Bronx 718-601-4751
      Manhattan 212-927-9065
      New Jersey 201-435-3244
      http://ProLibertadWeb.tripod.com

      PROLIBERTAD YOUTH ENCOUNTER 2003
      FRIDAY JUNE 27TH, 2003 AT 6:30PM
      HUNTER COLLEGE WEST BUILDING ROOM 217
      E68TH ST. LEXINGTON AVENUE
      TAKE THE 6 TRAIN TO E68TH ST AND HUNTER COLLEGE

      Join the ProLibertad Youth/Student Network and The ProLibertad Freedom
      Campaign for our 2nd Annual Youth Encounter with former Puerto Rican
      Political Prisoner, Pedro Colon Almenas, and Current Vieques Political
      Prisoner, Isamel Guadalupe Torres.

      Both Pedro and Ismael are youth activists in Puerto Rico that have been
      incarcerated for their political WORK on behalf of Vieques and in the
      support of the de-militarization of Vieques/Puerto Rico!! Pedro was
      released from MDC Guaynabo in February 2003 after a year in prison and
      Ismael is the last Vieques Political Prisoner, who will be released on June
      10th, 2003.

      Come, discuss, and share with these two amazing brothers!! Join us in this
      unique opportunity to dialogue with youth from Puerto Rico that are doing
      the same liberation, de-militarization and anti-war work that we are all
      doing!!

      We will have a light dinner and beverages!!

      Endorsed by:
      Network in Solidarity with the People of the Philippines (NISPOP)
      DRUM-Desis Rising Up & Moving
      YouthPower & Desi Reel Newz
      Malcolm X Grassroots Movement
      QUILOMBO NYC
      Committee for Social Justice in Colombia
      Bronx Pryde
      El Partido de los Trabajadores Dominicanos
      The Code
      The Prison Moritorium Project

      Ismael Guadalupe Torres was released from MDC Guaynabo on Tuesday June 10,
      2003 at 7:45 am after serving a 140 day sentence for engaging in acts of
      civil disobedience during the last round of bombing in Vieques, Puerto Rico.

      Ismael was received by a support rally outside of the prison made of
      friends, family and political comrades. This support rally organized an
      overnight vigil in front of MDC Guaynabo on Monday June 9, 2003 in order to
      receive Ismael bright and early on Tuesday.

      Ismael Guadalupe Torres will be visitng New York City on Friday June 27,
      2003 as a keynote presenter at the 2nd Annual ProLibertad Youth Encounter!!