Digest for theDigitalDrum@topica.com, issue 92

  • Djehuti Sundaka
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2002

      theDigitalDrum@... wrote:

      -- Topica Digest --

              WHEN WILL WE LEARN?
              By criticalman@...

      Date: Mon,  8 Jul 2002 13:59:04 +0000
      From: theDigitalDrum  <criticalman@...>
      Subject: WHEN WILL WE LEARN?

      POSITIVELY BLACK
      Junious Ricardo Stanton

      WHEN WILL WE LEARN?

      "For many years, certain Negro intellectuals have been unable to face
      the Jews realistically. Among the many myths life and history have
      imposed upon Negroes (such as that of Lincoln’s "freeing" the slaves) is
      they myth that the Negro’s best friend is the Jew."
      Harold Cruse, Crisis of The Negro Intellectual p 476

      It would do us well to revisit and restudy Harold Cruse’s seminal work
      The Crisis of The Negro Intellectual if for no other reason than to see
      just how moribund we are as a people. This book which examined Harlem’s
      cultural and political history from the standpoint of black, white and
      Jewish inter-ethnic dynamics is still very relevant today. Especially in
      light of the recent defeat of five term incumbent Alabama US Congressman
      Earl F. Hilliard whose Pro-Palestinian leanings prompted Jewish donors
      to pump $300,000 into the campaign coffers of Hilliard’s opponent Artur
      Davis who is also African-American. The Washington Post on a story
      published July 2 quotes Hilliard’s response to his loss by saying,
      "three other black House Democrats Cynthia McKinney, Jesse Jackson Jr.
      and Donald Payne will be targeted for defeat this year by Jewish
      campaign contributors who rank support for Israel as a top priority."
      The lesson for us is not so much that Jews gave money to Hilliard’s
      opponent, that is clearly their right to support anyone they choose. The
      lesson for us is to be like them and stand up for our interests and
      target those we feel are not on our side. The corporate owned press for
      the most part has not played up this story. The Negro press in their
      cowardly fashion dares not raise this issue for fear some Jews may
      "target" them in one way or another. This should further put to rest the
      tired lie that there is some special bond between Jews and
      African-Americans. One thing the Jews don’t do is operate against their
      perceived interests or back down, punk out or chump out when they think
      someone is working against them. Unfortunately Hilliard learned this the
      hard way. If you look back on race relations say in the last thirty to
      forty years this idea of a Black-Jewish coalition bandied about but in
      actuality whenever there was a push on the part of blacks for self
      determination whether for Black Power, Community Control of the
      neighborhood schools, Affirmative Action or quotas in college admissions
      or support for conflicting geo-political positions Blacks and Jews all
      too often find themselves at odds and when the smoke clears the Jews
      usually win because they are implacable in defending their interests no
      matter what other people say. We have to learn to be just as unyielding
      and uncompromising when it comes to defining and defending our
      interests. We saw what happened nationally in Alabama with Congressman
      Hilliard. Let’s take a look in the not too distant past at an issue that
      also impacted American Jews, Israel and blacks. The state of Israel
      supported and entered into mutual aid pacts with the racist regimes of
      Angola, South Africa and American Jewish supported of Israel never once
      made it an issue. Neither did African-Americans! My point is how can we
      honestly claim or think Jews and Blacks could be allies when American
      Jews sided with and supported Israel who sided with the Portugese in
      Angola and the Boers in South Africa against indigenous Africans. What
      did this say about our political awareness and savvy. What does it say
      about our political savvy now when we know Jews don’t play when it comes
      to supporting Israel or any other of their perceived interests be it as
      teachers and administrators in the New York Schools system in the mid
      ‘70's or quotas in college entrance for example. Am I playah hatin’ the
      Jews for offing Hilliard who supported the Palestinians? No. As far as
      I’m concerned the issue is moot. Neither one of them the Palestinians
      nor the Zionists have any legal or legitimate claim to the land. Canaan
      (Palestine) was originally inhabited by black African people. Both the
      "Palestinians" and the "Jews" are interlopers! My point here is, when
      are we going to learn. When are we as a people going to stiffen up and
      fight for our interests just like other groups fight for theirs’? When
      are we going to come together and realize no other group of people is
      going to do for us what we are clearly able to do for ourselves which is
      stand up and stick up for ourselves. We live in a very competitive, race
      and color conscious pluralistic society. The sooner we adopt an
      ethnocentric approach the better off and stronger we will be.

      CONDI DISRESPECTED AGAIN!!!
      J Tolbert Jr

      PEOPLE WHO THINK I AM TOO HARD IN MY CRITICISM OF CONDOLEEZZA RICE don't
      know what hard is! A Palestinian Authority newspaper recently called her
      "the dark-complexioned lady" whose policies have "dealt a blow to the
      image of the African-American in the eyes of the vast majority of the
      world's inhabitants..." If the representatives of this paper really
      believe this, then they are not as sophisticated as many give them
      credit for.
      http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/Full&cid=1023716561709

      NIGERIAN BANK SCAMS, BY WAY OF E-MAIL can be very funny if take you
      notice how ridiculous many sound. What is not so funny is that people
      have fallen for this stuff, losing billions.
      http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=13437
      JUST WHEN SOME WHITE FOLKS SERIOUSLY TEST MY FAITH, ALONG COMES OTHER
      WHITE FOLKS WHO RESTORE MY HOPE IN HUMANITY by acknowledging, not
      denying, EVIL. Writes Bruce Wilson, in London's "The Daily Telegraph"
      "The world outside the US is now getting used to the fact Americans have
      a fraudulently elected nitwit as their president, but George W. Bush
      excelled himself this past week with a "long-awaited" definitive speech
      on Middle East policies that stretched even the weirdest
      imaginations..." Wilson further observes this if it were not for
      September 11, "...Bush would be in serious political trouble..." The
      description of Donald Rumsfeld, controlling Bush through "voices" is
      just funny.
      http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au
      CAPITOL HILL WORKERS MAY BE SUFFERING FROM HANDLING IRRADIATED MAIL
      treated in the wake of the anthrax attacks. I bet you many of these
      employees are Black. What of the health of the postal workers, many of
      whom are also Black? Will their health be ignored again as they are
      directly exposed to the contamination of irradiation? What does all this
      mean for proposals to irradiate food?
      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=716&e=10&cid=578&u=/nm/20020702/ts_nm/anthrax_congress_dc_2

      THE BOONDOCKS
      http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/2002/07/05
      http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/2002/07/06
      http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/2002/07/07

      LISTEN TO JUNIOUS RICARDO STANTON ON INTERNET RADIO! Log on to www.NewBlackCity.com The Digital Underground an eclectic, live, African centered, interactive Internet Radio program hosted by Junious Ricardo Stanton Sundays from 12 Noon-2 PM Eastern time. The Digital Underground is designed to decolonize the African mind. Activism information, purposeful conversation converge on the World Wide Web. Join our guests as we facilitate the cyberspace Information/resistance/liberation movement, participate in the program by calling the toll free number 1 (866) 969-2002. Free you mind, the rest will follow!

      http://www.topica.com/lists/theDigitalDrum/
      Staff
      J Tolbert Jr, Founder, Publisher, Editor in Chief
      Junious Ricardo Stanton, Senior Writer

      Copyright (c) 1997-2002 J A Tolbert Jr, All Rights Reserved. Since 1997, TheDigitalDrum has provided news, information, commentary, analysis, and critical thinking for those of African descent. The content of this newsletter represents the views of the respective authors and does not necessarily reflect the views of theDigitalDrum and/or J A Tolbert, Jr. Direct questions, comments, email address changes to  criticalman@...

      End of theDigitalDrum@... digest, issue 92