The Least We Can Do For Ourselves

  • Djehuti Sundaka
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 5:02 PM
      http://www.jubilee2000uk.org/databank/debttables/debtdata99.htm

      Source: GDF 2001 US$ millions unless otherwise stated
      GNP Total debt stocks EDT

      Gambia, 271
      Ethiopia, 459
      Sao Tome and Principe, 254

      The above are the lowest debts to be paid.

      Folks, it would only take $984,000,000 to pay off these three country's
      debts if we as a people should choose to do so. Assuming the collective
      debts to now total a little over a billion dollars, it would still be
      feasible for us to raise the money to pay them off within a single year
      and establish mutually benefiting trade and investment agreements with
      these countries. While everyone's organizing to beg for reparations
      from our oppressors, there's no reason we can't seek to independently
      get ahead with our own people as well. Are we really about nation
      building or merely nation dreaming? Now, we'll find out.

      Djehuti Sundaka
    • Djehuti Sundaka
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002