Fwd: What needs to be done right away regarding Gil Noble's Like It Is

  • Djehuti Sundaka
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      1. Visit the site www.africanstudios.tv

      2. Call 212 456-7777 ask for station manager Tom Kane. Ask him why the
      beautiful and informative 1 minute advertisement for community events
      that you just listened to and watched was not aired on Like It Is. When
      the community paid cash up front for the ad to run.

      3. Ask him when he plans to meet and explain his actions to the
      community which contributed the
      money for the advertisement to support Gil Noble and his like it is
      program.

      4. Attend the following community forums this week so that you can be
      informed of the next steps we will have to take to insure ourselves of
      our right to speak over the airwaves.Representatives of the coalition
      (Afrikan Poetry Theatre, African Heritage Sunday, Cemotap, National
      Association of Kawaida Organizations, United African Movement, New Black
      Panther Party, African Nationalist Pioneer Movement, Patrice Lumumba
      Coalition, Million Man and Woman March Coordinating Committee of Queens,
      Kween Fuvi, December 12th Movement) that put together the support rally
      for Gil Noble and the advertisement you just heard and watched will be
      attending these rallies to either hand out literature or if possible to
      speak to you about our next actions. White supremacists control totally
      every other minute of airtime on every channel. Are we willing to also
      give them "Like It Is" without a fight.

      A. On Monday Night 4-1-02 at 6:30 pm at the Historic Bethany Baptist
      Church at 460 Marcus Garvey Boulevard. The Carter G Woodson Foundation
      is hosting a support rally for Regent Adelaide Sanford.

      B. On Wednesday Night 4-3-02 at Oberia Dempsey Center at 127 W 127th St.
      in Harlem, United African Movement hosts Molefi Asante to speak on the
      controversy over the Greek vs African Origin of Civilization.

      C. On the weekend National Action Network is hosting a convention. For
      details call 212-987-5020.