Some information needed

  • calvarylc <calvarylc@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hi, I am a volunteer at the Eureka Theater in Eureka, California.
      And I am looking for some help solving some very hard questions about
      original things at the theater. I am wondering if any of you guys
      that know about this theater can help me out. Your help is
      graciously excepted.
    • Ken Roe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
        Hi,
        Being here in England I don't know too much about US theatres,
        especially those in smaller towns, but I can tell you that in my 1941
        Edition of the Film Daily Yearbook the Eureka is listed as having 1,638
        seats. It was the largest theatre in the town, the others being the New
        Liberty, 225 E St(535 seats), Rialto, 511-23 F St(1,038 seats) and
        State, 410-420 G St(1,100 seats).

        You may get further information by contacting the Theatre Historical
        Society of America
        http://www2.hawaii.edu/~angel/thsa/

        I hope I have been of some help?

        Ken

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
          The list of the theaters you gave me aren't where I am. The ones you
          gave me are somewhere in the bay area. Eureka is 360+ miles away
          from the bay area. So is the Eureka Theater. I tried your link but
          it didn't work. Is there another web site that you can give me that
          could possibly give me really old and rare information about old
          theaters? Pictures would help too. Next time if you could e-mail me
          at holmquistc@..., that would be great.