Newbie question

  • silentmovielover
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      I just started as the manager of the Inwood Theatre in Dallas, TX.
      Our theatre was built in 1947 by Interstate Theatres group. We have
      a lovely staircase with plexiglass panels, and each panel has a fish
      hand-etched in the plexiglass. (Our theatre has an underwater theme.)

      Apparently there was neon embedded in the handrail of the bannister,
      which caused these panels to glow like aquariums. Apparently it has
      been repaired many times (even as recently as two years ago), but the
      neon always breaks because people grab the bannister on the way up or
      downstairs, which shakes the transformers loose.

      Does anyone out there know of a new way to repair the bannister,
      perhaps using some new technology, so that it won't break every few
      months? I would love to have that bannister glowing again.

      Thank you--

      Sarah Baker