Photo needed.

  • Louis Rugani
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2011
      Ellen, I've seen those banners in person years ago, and I'm forwarding your request to a major movie-palace discussion group along with your email. This particular group is dormant, unfortunately. Good luck and let us know your success.

      =Lou=

      ~~~~~~~~~~ **-=\/=-** ~~~~~~~~~~

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      From: ellenugucci@...

      Message
      1a. PHOTOGRAPH NEEDED
      Posted by: "ellenugucci@..." ellenugucci@... ellenugucci@...
      Date: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:56 am ((PDT))

      My name is Ellen Uguccioni and I am writing a book about the architecture of Sunny Isles Beach, FL. Before I get into the contemporary high rises in the city. I have a few chapters about the history of Florida and some of the reasons for its growth, before I address the high rises.

      The availability of air conditioning drastically changed Florida. I am looking for a photo of a theater which has the banner "Air-Cooled inside" I can remember that the banner had a penguin illustration with snow falling.

      I would love to have a picture of any theater ( most likely 50s and 60s)
      The theater does NOT have to be in Florida. We do have a small photo budget.

      Thank you

      Messages in this topic (2)

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2011
        Thank you so much!