PHOTOGRAPH NEEDED

  • Ellen Uguccioni
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2011
      My name is Ellen Uguccioni and I am writing a book about the City of
      Sunny Isles Beach in Florida.
      Before I talk about the architecture, I have some chapters that tell
      the history of the region and its growth during the 40s. 50s
      60s 70s

      I have been trying to find a photograph of a theater with a banner
      outside that said "Air-Cooled Inside" There was a penguin on the
      banner and it was just after the introduction of affordable air
      conditioning--mid 50s on

      We have a small budget to pay for photos. If anyone out there has a
      photo with banner, would you please contact me ( it does NOT have to
      be a theater in Florida).

      ellenugucci@...
    • ellenugucci@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2011
        My name is Ellen Uguccioni and I am writing a book about the architecture of Sunny Isles Beach, FL. Before I get into the contemporary high rises in the city. I have a few chapters about the history of Florida and some of the reasons for its growth, before I address the high rises.

        The availability of air conditioning drastically changed Florida. I am looking for a photo of a theater which has the banner "Air-Cooled inside" I can remember that the banner had a penguin illustration with snow falling.

        I would love to have a picture of any theater ( most likely 50s and 60s)
        The theater does NOT have to be in Florida. We do have a small photo budget.

        Thank you