Lerner Theater is Back!

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011
      The Lerner Theater of Elkhart, In. had it's grand re-opening in the last few weeks. A new ball room facility has been added, along with a larger lobby. They went all the way down to the original surfaces, even to the wallpaper that was first installed. It took a bit longer to finish, but everything I have seen in local media says they did it right! I believe all that is left is for the theater's Kimball pipe organ to be re-installed. My wife and I both love pipe organs, can't wait to here the Lerner's original "voice" played once more. The Lerner is one of a fortunate group of movie palaces that still have their original instruments intact and fully playable in their original setting. The closest theater to this area( South Bend-Elkhart, In.) that has it's original instrument still intact and fully playable, it the Embassy theater of Fort Wayne, Ind, which has a rarely found Page theater organ,( fondly known as Miss Page). More details are on the Lerner theater web site. Cheers... ==Sam==