South Bend.

  • Louis Rugani
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010
      Thanks, Sam. I saw the Morris in the 1970s. This group is underutilized, which is too bad, because it has all the photo storage capacity that Cinema Treasures www.cinematreasures.org doesn't have. We should all be part of both.

      =Lou=

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      From: Sam

      Message
      1. Northern Indiana theaters
      Posted by: "Sam" doctorwhousa1@... doctorwhousa1
      Date: Tue Nov 9, 2010 8:52 pm ((PST))

      I am new to this group. I live in Mishawaka, which is a twin city to South Bend, In. South Bend is the home of the Morris Performing Arts Center. It opened in in Nov. of 1922 as the Palace. After being saved from the wreckers in 1959 by Mrs. E.M. Morris, the South Bend Symphony began making their performance home there. Fast forward to 2000, when the Morris Civic Auditorium ( as it was known from 1960 to 2000) was totaly restored. At that time, the theater also had it's original stagehouse removed, and a new, larger one built,which can handle all the full stage productions of now and the future. Since then, the adjoining Palais Royal ballroom has also been redone, and is used for everything from receptions to a grand New Years Eve event.More details and photos are one their website. That's all for now... ==Sam==

      Messages in this topic (1)