Northern Indiana theaters

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010
      I am new to this group. I live in Mishawaka, which is a twin city to South Bend, In. South Bend is the home of the Morris Performing Arts Center. It opened in in Nov. of 1922 as the Palace. After being saved from the wreckers in 1959 by Mrs. E.M. Morris, the South Bend Symphony began making their performance home there. Fast forward to 2000, when the Morris Civic Auditorium ( as it was known from 1960 to 2000) was totaly restored. At that time, the theater also had it's original stagehouse removed, and a new, larger one built,which can handle all the full stage productions of now and the future. Since then, the adjoining Palais Royal ballroom has also been redone, and is used for everything from receptions to a grand New Years Eve event.More details and photos are one their website. That's all for now... ==Sam==