Re: [Historic Movie Palaces] Digest Number 84

  • Jim R
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2005
      FROM: JIM RANKIN, MILWAUKEE, APRIL 28, 2005

      Your best bet is to contact local sources first: the Houston Historical Soc., the Houston Public Library, the state historical society, etc. If you know any of the owners' names, try to trace them and ask them. Finally, the largest repository of theatrical knowledge in the USA, the THEATRE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA at www.historictheatres.org may be a likely source. contact their Ex. Dir. via the address on their front page.

      Best Wishes, Jim Rankin, member THSA since 1976.

      historicmoviepalaces@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Santa Rosa Theatre
      From: "chetcuccia"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:25:18 -0000
      From: "chetcuccia"
      Subject: Santa Rosa Theatre

      I lived in Houston, Texas when I was a little kid back in
      the early 1960s. I remember going with my parents to a
      theatre called the Santa Rosa, located at 5607 Telephone
      Road.

      Does anyone out there have any information about the
      Santa Rosa, such as the dates that it opened and closed?

      It would be great if someone out there has a picture of it.

      Chet Cuccia