Paramount Theatres

  • dwodeyla
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2004
      I was looking for information on Paramount's aquisition of the Giles
      theatres in 1930. There was a downtown Framingham Massachusetts
      theatre named the St George, which opened in 1923 as a Giles Theatre.
      In 1930, the newspaper announced it had been renamed the Paramount.
      I'm not sure when, but it became the St George again, probably in the
      late 1930's. (when I find out the date, I'll post it).
      Does anyone know the history of Paramount's theatre ownership?