Cinema Tour

  • hawaiiguy123155
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2004
      Ken I agree with you about the Cinema Tours. It seems there is a
      small click with that site and if you aren't in the click you are an
      outsider. I rarely visit the site at all anymore. There are a lot of
      inaccuracies with the theatres they have listed such and dates,
      addresses, open, closed. They have very little history on the
      theatres they have listed. I have sent in corrections and updates and
      they have never been corrected. It seems they are more interested in
      pictures than they are the histories of the theatres they list.
      A good example is one that I sent in but it was never corrected was
      the American Theatre,2408 South Eighth Street, St. Louis, There is no
      2400 South Eighth Street in St. Louis, The block between Seventh and
      Ninth street has been Lefton Iron and structural Steel since 1896 and
      the other part of the block is the City Ice House that was built in
      1902. The submission for the American was by D. Snow who is in their
      little click so the correction I sent in was never posted. My family
      grew up at 2416 So. Broadway which is the next block from where the
      American supposedly was built in 1911. Eighth street stops at Russell
      which is 5 blocks to the north of where the theatre site was
      supposedly been. So you see I put very little in what is posted on
      Cinema Tours.
      Chuck