ARTobert FEST

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi Beverly!

      ...and welcome to the group =)

      This is absolutely the right forum to announce local
      events. I'll add this to the group calendar, and I'd
      encourage anyone to do the same when they have or know
      of a community event that we may all be interested in.

      Thanks!
      Al

      --- b brookshire <brookshireartist@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > this is Beverly Brookshire who lives in the old
      > St. Claire Elementary School.
      > I just joined this morning but haven't had time to
      > write my description. I am extremely busy as the
      > chairperson in charge of ARTober FEST.
      >
      > I know this isn't the forum for this but I am so
      > busy I haven't had an opportunity to come and speak
      > with you about it.
      >
      > ARTober FEST will be in Depot Park, Saturday the
      > 6th, from 10 am - 4:30 pm.
      > A hunger walk leads the day from 8:30 - 10 am.
      >
      > We will have many arts and crafts demonstrations
      > and acts for the stage.
      >
      > Many events for children including sidewalk art,
      > face painting, pumpkin painting, inflated gym, etc.
      >
      > ART Taxi's will be driving around the downtown
      > blocks, riders may wave them down for a ride to the
      > Brush & Palette Show, restaurants, shopping, or
      > parking lots.
      >
      > Please come join us.
      > If you would also like to volunteer please call me
      > at 775-2278 or cell: 917-257-8997 or David
      > Montgomery at DSI 775-8332.
      >
      > again please forgive me for using our historic
      > forum to let y'all know about this event.
      >
      > Sincerely, Beverly Brookshire
      > BrookshireArtist@...

      http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
    • Amontgomery
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
        test

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
          Looks like it came through fine April.

          Al

          --- Amontgomery <amontgomery@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------

          test

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
            Tammy,

            Thanks for explaining, and I understand the Summit vs.
            Summitt issue, hence my comments. So there is no
            issue there.

            But just to be clear, while it sounds like McIver Park
            was spelled with two t's historically, I have copies
            of documents for our 300(and maybe 400) block that
            show the single t. So the difference in spelling you
            describe may indeed be accurate, and certainly
            interesting. We'll have to keep that in mind if the
            city fixes any signs.

            With regard to a neighborhood association, it has been
            mentioned a couple times that "no one" was interested
            from Rosemount.... and not to split hairs, but I'd
            like to simply clarify that we live in Rosemount, and
            were very interested and wrote our check for $100
            which as far as I know is still in the "nascent NA
            coffers" *shrug*

            And I also know that the Montgomery's are/were very
            interested, and had also tried some years ago to get a
            NA off the ground. And while I can't speak for new
            neighbors like the Thompsons, Kohl's, etc... I
            suspect given their engagement in general that they
            would show interest as well.

            So I think Rosemount in general is just now starting
            to catch up to your block, where arguably most of the
            gentrification in the neighborhood started.

            And I do think it is catching up as new families move
            in throughout both neighborhoods and show an interest
            in renovation, preservation, and the health of the
            neighborhood in general.

            I don't know when we'll all reach enough critical mass
            to make a NA a reality, but I think that as things
            continue to improve, we will. Then it will be a lot
            easier.

            And my opinion: I wouldn't personally recommend a
            McIver Park NA, as I know I'd feel left out when I
            simply live a block away. And as I've mentioned I
            suspect others would be too when it comes together.

            Plus, our neighborhood(s) really is identified
            externally as one big happy family, so why split that
            up? After all, other than some stone entry walls,
            there really isn't much differentiation between
            Rosemount and McIver Park these days.

            Anyway, until we have the groundswell to make it a
            reality, it is all moot I guess.

            I do hope we end up with a NA at some point, and think
            it is very likely. As I've said repeatedly, I think
            the neighborhood is coming along, and will with time
            reach a point where we'll have more participation,
            interest, and enough energy to have a more formal
            network of residents.

            As far as asking for more help via this forum,
            unfortunately I think we are all shouting in a mostly
            empty room at ourselves =P

            I've got to figure out a way to get more residents
            actively using this resource for it to be effective.

            I've done at least three flier distributions, handed
            them out at the NNO, and now the link was in the
            paper. But the membership pretty much stays steady at
            around 40.

            I'll undoubtedly do more fliers every 6 months or so,
            but it continues to be a challenge to get folks to use
            the group and to get people... especially old
            residents.... really interested *sigh*

            Heck, quite a few members have their email settings
            such that they don't even receive messages. So....

            Al

            http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC