Re: [historic-sanford-nc] 404 N. Gulf - an introduction and an apology

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
      Hi Emily,

      Welcome to the neighborhood! We're happy to hear you
      finally found a home in the community, and are always
      very excited to see families moving back down into
      this area.

      As far as the history of your home, some of the best
      resources are your neighbors. We are lucky enough to
      still have many residents that have lived here their
      whole lives, and you likely have one or two nearby
      that could tell you much about your home.

      For general information, you can contact David
      Montgomery, the director for Downtown Sanford Inc and
      our Historic Preservation Commission. He can pull the
      original name/owner and erected date from the National
      Register inventory for you, and possibly tell you a
      few more things, especially if your home is in the
      Pezzoni(sp?) book.

      David Montgomery, AICP
      Executive Director
      Downtown Sanford, Inc.
      226 Carthage Street
      Sanford, NC 27330

      Ph: 919-775-8332
      E-Mail: downtown@...
      website: http://www.downtownsanford.com

      Hopefully that can get you started. The library also
      has all of Pezzoni's notes from when he surveyed the
      neighborhood for the district. So you can also go
      there to perhaps find some additional tidbits.

      Once you find out more, you may also be surprised to
      find surviving family members. We have, and that has
      been another great resource, and lots of fun.

      So, again, welcome to the neighborhood. And we all
      look forward to hearing more from you, and seeing your
      family in the community.

      Cheers
      Al & Denise
      318 Summitt Drive