Neighborhood Garden Banners - Any Interest?

    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2007
      Now that the historic house plaque project is nearing
      the start of its first batch of orders, I thought I'd
      start to discuss and gauge interest in garden/house
      banners. The banners could say something like
      "Rosemount-McIver Historic District" and include some
      relevant(to be determined) graphic, slogan, various
      colors, etc...

      Neighbors could then hang their banner on their home,
      post them in their garden/lawn, etc and show our pride
      in the neighborhood for those passing through.

      For those unsure of what I am referring to, here are a
      couple examples:

      http://www.lmna.org/img/lmnaflag.jpg
      http://www.fourthandgill.org/files/Logo2.jpg
      http://www.cscrafts.com/bannerflagpic.JPG

      ...although the ones I typically have seen are often a
      little wider, more like a flag hung vertically, and
      hang from an actual flag pole affixed to the front of
      the house. But some are also very similar in style to
      the narrow versions you can see downtown on the light
      poles and in the examples above.

      I suspect far fewer residents would be interested in
      banners for their home than the plaques we've been
      discussing, but I have noticed that several homes do
      fly flags, or have poles, and thought some homeowners
      might like to occasionally display a colorful pennant
      promoting their neighborhood.

      And, banners would offer much more "legibility" from
      the road than the plaques we are ordering for the
      individual homes. So, visitors would immediately get
      a sense of what historic neighborhood they are
      visiting just at a glance, not to mention notice
      everyone's pride of place and take away a positive
      impression.

      If you are interested, please feel free to respond to
      this thread and let's brainstorm about content,
      graphics, colors, etc. At this point it would be a
      blank slate. So it could be a lot of fun.

      Anyway, this is something I thought would be fun and
      less formal than the plaques, and have been thinking a
      little about. So I thought I'd just "throw it out
      there" for comment.

      Let me know what you think.

      Cheers
      Al

      P.S.

      I've also thought about some clear vinyl auto
      bumper/window decals at some point. Many vendors have
      some very inexpensive no minimum order these days
      online, so it would be trivial to order just a few for
      those interested. So any graphics/design that we come
      up with for banners could also be used in that
      application.

      Never miss an email again!
    • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
        The following historic-sanford-nc poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Please indicate which Rosemount-McIver Park Historic District bumper sticker design you prefer. Images of the five choices are located in the "Files" section of the group under the "Bumper Stickers" folder.

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - Dark green and white sticker, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Dark red and white sticker, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Green with old city hall image sticker, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Brown with old city hall image sticker, 4 votes, 100.00%
        - Solid bright green sticker, 0 votes, 0.00%

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/historic-sanford-nc

        http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
      • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6 12:46 AM
          The following historic-sanford-nc poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: Are constructive and informative "bad news" and "crime alert" postings a good thing or bad thing for the community?

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - Good thing., 4 votes, 80.00%
          - Bad thing., 0 votes, 0.00%
          - Undecided., 1 votes, 20.00%

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009
            The following historic-sanford-nc poll is now closed. Here are the
            final results:

            POLL QUESTION: The HPC is designing roadside markers for Sanford's historic districts. Based upon feedback from a committee of local residents, a basic form was identified. However, we would find feedback on specific designs from the public valuable as we work to identify a final design.

            Please see the two files in the "District Markers" folder in the Files section for examples.

            Although not numbered on the documents themselves, the sign designs are numbered 1 through 11, left to right, starting with the top row.

            You may choose more than one design below.

            CHOICES AND RESULTS
            - Design 1, 0 votes, 0.00%
            - Design 2, 0 votes, 0.00%
            - Design 3, 1 votes, 16.67%
            - Design 4, 2 votes, 33.33%
            - Design 5, 0 votes, 0.00%
            - Design 6, 1 votes, 16.67%
            - Design 7, 1 votes, 16.67%
            - Design 8, 0 votes, 0.00%
            - Design 9, 1 votes, 16.67%
            - Design 10, 0 votes, 0.00%
            - Design 11, 0 votes, 0.00%

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
              The following historic-sanford-nc poll is now closed. Here are the
              final results:

              POLL QUESTION: Is it time to retire our Yahoo Group? After a little over 4 years, it seems our Historic Sanford NC Yahoo Group has dwindled to about one post every three months, with no ongoing discussions. The only regular posts are automated calendar entries for events such as the HPC meeting. We've got some useful information in the files section which I can archive elsewhere, but even some of that is now dated. Although resources like Facebook can be just as temporal(think MySpace), maybe it's time to migrate to that platform. Feel free to vote and comment.

              CHOICES AND RESULTS
              - Retire the Yahoo Group entirely., 0 votes, 0.00%
              - Retire the Yahoo Group, but move to Facebook., 4 votes, 80.00%
              - Keep the group going on Yahoo., 1 votes, 20.00%

              INDIVIDUAL VOTES
              - Retire the Yahoo Group entirely.
              - Retire the Yahoo Group, but move to Facebook.
              - africaquilter@...
              - judithdackerman@...
              - lexibug8@...
              - bgould72@...