RE: [historic-sanford-nc] Historic House Plaques - The background color of natural won the poll

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hi Laura =)

      Well, I don't mind creating a new poll(can't reopen an
      old one) if I thought the outcome would be
      significantly different. At this point, I'm not sure
      it would as we only received a total of 6 votes(out of
      30+ group members), and out of those 6 votes, zero
      were for black.

      I guess I am saying that if we had more turnout and/or
      a close vote, it might make more sense.

      I'll tell ya what, let's do this like a committee =)

      If we can get another(2nd) motion to try the poll once
      more, I'll do so. But I don't really know what I can
      do to get more people to vote, which for me was the
      primary issue. So if we do this again, I need to
      figure out how to hit more people on the group(I have
      several ideas) as many people have turned off regular
      email entirely.

      But I agree that a dark background, whether black or
      brown, does have its benefits regarding visibility.
      The only concern I have about black, which I mentioned
      before, is that it can be a bit stark and may not
      blend/go as well with some people's tastes or home's
      color schemes. But that's certainly subjective, as
      everyone's tastes differ.

      Hope things are going well, and I see that your
      neighbors across the street certainly sold their home
      lickety-split. That's great, as I know they had to
      hit the road ASAP following his transfer.

      Al

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 7:24 AM
        Well, it looks like we got a "2nd" from Tammy, so we'll go ahead and
        try the poll again. I think I may send out the announcement for the
        poll to all group members as a special notice, although that still
        won't hit everyone if they've turned off all real-time notifications.

        I'll leave the poll open for two weeks this time, as we aren't under
        any deadline per se. But I would like to get this rolling so we can
        start to have some more visible signs in the neighborhood that there
        is some neighborhood unity, etc... and I think these signs will help
        with that =)