Re: [historic-sanford-nc] Re: Exterior Paint Recommendation?

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2007
      We just received a quote from Genesis that was very
      competitive, and so far we've heard good things about
      their work.

      He hasn't painted any home exteriors in our
      neighborhoods, but did paint the Wicker School and
      Renald's Restaurant. So we plan to go by there to see
      how the work turned out. However, he did paint the
      interior of Tammy Hebert's home, and she was very
      impressed.

      As far as the "dry ice" guy, he comes by our house
      every so often to see if we want to give it a try, and
      we've just never taken him up on his offer. Plus, we
      asked for a quote on some work, and he never delivered
      it. So we really can't comment beyond that.

      We had really good luck with Richard South plumbing,
      although he is a bit harder to get now since he
      started working for a larger outfit in Raleigh.

      Al

      --- Pete and Nan <peteredsox@...> wrote:

      > How is the search for an exterior painter
      > progressing? Has anyone
      > heard of a process using dry-ice to remove the
      > existing lead paint
      > prior to repainting. We have had two people stop by
      > our house
      > regarding painting. One was extremely cheap (too
      > cheap) and the other
      > was selling this dry-ice idea. Just curious.
      >
      > One other question. We are in search of a plumber. I
      > see one listed in
      > the database. Any others?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Nan Thompson
      > 406 W. Chisholm St.

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
    • Laura Younger
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2007
        If you like the painting job done on Heather Fick's house (big green four
        square at 411 N. Gulf), the contractor was Phillips Painting. Can't find a
        listing for him, but Heather has the info, and can tell you about pricing as
        well.

        Laura Younger
        407 N. Gulf