Home Page Photo - Let's pick something new!

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
      OK, how about something fun and relatively uncontroversial =)

      When I created this group, I put the photo of the old city hall on the
      front page of the Yahoo group as that was all I had handy, and it
      seemed to fit. But there's no reason we can't change it up every so
      often just for fun.

      So, if you have a historic Sanford photo, maybe even a great photo of
      your own home, that you think might be interesting to put on the
      homepage, feel free to upload it to the "Home Page Photos" folder
      under "Photos" and maybe I'll make a poll, or just randomly pick one
      of the photos submitted.

      I figured something lighthearted might be appreciated.

      Cheers
      Al
    • Tammy Hebert
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
        Man I wish I had old photo's of my house as I am sure many do.
        Why aren't there any around? Didn't people take pictures of holidays
        or something ? haha

        Of course my all time favorite historical building is the railroad
        house..

        tammy hebert
      • Tammy Hebert
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
          Something else that might be beneficial is for someone say on a
          specific date each year to go out and take pictures of all the
          contributing homes in the district and store them on a disc..you know
          so future residents will have something to look back on. They could be
          archived somewhere.

          tammy hebert
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
            We have a few if the interior and exterior of ours that the last
            surviving daughter of the Isenhours provided for us, but they aren't
            "full" shots.

            I wish we had more as well. They have to be out there, in a box ...

            Al

            --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, "Tammy Hebert"
            <hebert_family@...> wrote:

            > Man I wish I had old photo's of my house as I am sure many do.
            > Why aren't there any around? Didn't people take pictures of holidays
            > or something ? haha
            >
            > Of course my all time favorite historical building is the railroad
            > house..
            >
            > tammy hebert

          • godkins
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 13, 2006
              Feel free to use any of mine.

              And if anyone wants me to take a picture and put it up; just let me
              know.

              peace,
              john

              --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, "Al Roethlisberger"