Re: New poll for historic-sanford-nc

  • cldmyers
    Message 1 of 23 , May 24, 2006
      Given the four photo choices online, I would have to go with either
      the green or red with green being the highest choice.
      Cheri

      --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, historic-sanford-
      nc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > historic-sanford-nc group:
      >
      > What color combination do you think would look best on the Isenhour
      House at 318 Summitt Drive?

      > Please see photos of the color schemes in the group Photos section.
      >
      > o Black Color Scheme
      > o Coffee/Terra Cotta Color Scheme
      > o Green Color Scheme
      > o Red Color Scheme

      id=1979881

      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 20, 2006
        historic-sanford-nc group:

        Would you welcome and participate in a Historical Rosemont-McIver Association?

        o welcome and participate - yes
        o no not interested
        o yes and love to help

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 20, 2006
          OK, I want to vote for this, but can you(Tammy)
          explain the distinction between:

          o welcome and participate - yes
          o yes and love to help

          =)

          --- historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created
          > for the
          > historic-sanford-nc group:
          >
          > Would you welcome and participate in a Historical
          > Rosemont-McIver Association?
          >
          > o welcome and participate - yes
          > o no not interested
          > o yes and love to help

          > Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll
          > votes are
          > not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the
          > Yahoo! Groups
          > web site listed above.
          >
          > Thanks!

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Tammy Hebert
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 21, 2006
            okay you got me they are the same :) I'll go and fix it - it was
            getting late and must have had a brain meltdown. That happens after a
            long day with 4 kids..

            tammy
          • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 21, 2007
              historic-sanford-nc group:

              What background color do you prefer for our neighborhood historic house plaques?

              See examples at http://www.erielandmark.com/custom.html

              o Brown
              o Black
              o Natural Bronze(no background color)

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 28, 2007
                historic-sanford-nc group:

                Would you be interested in ordering a historic house plaque for around $150?

                The plaque would be 10x7", bronze with a natural bronze background finish.

                The plaque would have the "House Name", year erected, and the name of this historic district.

                For example, for 318 Summitt, the plaque would read:

                Lewis D. Isenhour House
                Erected 1929
                Rosemount-McIver Park Historic District

                You can see an example at:

                [IMG]http://www.erielandmark.com/graphics/cwp3.jpg%5b/IMG]

                http://www.erielandmark.com/graphics/cwp3.jpg

                o Yes, I'd love to showcase the history of my home and neighborhood with a plaque.
                o No, I'm not interested in a plaque that expensive.
                o No, I'm not interested in any plaque at all for my home.

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 23 , May 2, 2007
                  historic-sanford-nc group:

                  What background color do you prefer for our neighborhood historic house plaques?

                  See examples at http://www.erielandmark.com/custom.html

                  We have reopened this poll for a longer duration(2 weeks) due to neighborhood feedback, and concerns about the small number of votes received in the first poll. If you voted in the original poll on this topic, please vote again.

                  Many people preferred the natural bronze background as that presents a very neutral color scheme. But also keep in mind that a dark background, brown or especially black, may greatly increase visibility and legibility from the sidewalk or street.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 25, 2007
                    historic-sanford-nc group:

                    Please indicate which Rosemount-McIver Park Historic District bumper sticker design you prefer. Images of the three choices are located in the "Files" section of the group under the "Bumper Stickers" folder.

                    o Solid bright green sticker
                    o Dark green and white sticker
                    o Dark red and white sticker

                    web site listed above.

                    Thanks!
                  • Tammy Hebert
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 26, 2007
                      My personal vote would be for ones that look just like the street
                      signs..then they'd be recognizable to people in town..they see the
                      street signs..Bumper stickers that are just words tend to look like
                      all others..I think a nice brown sticker with the graphic in the
                      corner and the writing in white like the street signs would be
                      awesome and tie in with the neighborhood..
                      Just my opinion..

                      tammy hebert

                      nc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                      > historic-sanford-nc group:
                      >
                      > Please indicate which Rosemount-McIver Park Historic District
                      bumper sticker design you prefer. Images of the three choices are
                      located in the "Files" section of the group under the "Bumper
                      Stickers" folder.

                      > o Solid bright green sticker
                      > o Dark green and white sticker
                      > o Dark red and white sticker

                      id=2239811

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 26, 2007
                        The original image is in green, but I can change that to brown like
                        the signs.

                        But my only concern was that a primarily brown sticker might be too
                        bland and disappear in the shadow cast by the underside of some
                        bumpers. So I stayed with the green.

                        Of course, that is assuming that people put them down low on the
                        bumper, and not high on the glass, etc.

                        Here's what I'll do. I'll order a few of those in brown, and add that
                        to the poll, and we'll see what people like.

                        Al

                        --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, "Tammy Hebert"

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 26, 2007
                          Tammy(I assume),

                          You'll have to vote again, as it cleared out the one vote for the
                          green/city-hall-logo when I added the other choice for the brown version.

                          Al
                        • Tammy Hebert
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 26, 2007
                            Okie dokie..
                            thanks I will take a brown one when you get it - actually order us 3
                            for here and I'll pay for them.
                            I don't put mine on bumpers as too hard to remove- on the glass when
                            they get tattered they are easier to take off and put a new one on.

                            tammy
                          • Tammy Hebert
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 26, 2007
                              Al,

                              I hadn't voted yet..so it wiped out someone elses vote :( Hopefully
                              they will vote again.

                              tammy
                            • Diana Miller
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 26, 2007
                                I agree with Tammy. The other stickers promoted Rosemont-McIver, but the
                                court house ones leave it open for the other neighborhoods as well. Brown
                                is the color of the street signs, too. Cuts down on "What's that?" a bit
                                more. I was thinking about putting in brown signs on all the Horner cross
                                streets to emphasis it more, some are the usual green. I'll make not of
                                that on my assessment maps.
                                Later, D

                                http://newlivehotmail.com
                              • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008
                                  historic-sanford-nc group:

                                  This may seem like an odd poll, but it is something I've been on the fence about for quite some time. So I thought I'd solicit some opinions.

                                  What is your opinion of the big white light fixture hanging in the porte cochere at 318 Summit(Al & Denise's House)?

                                  If we were to take it down, we'd replace it with a matching light like the pair beside the front door. And eventually the front yard post light will be one of these matching lights as well. We think it is a pretty cool light, but just aren't sure it is quite right. Then again though, the porte cochere is a different area, and a non-matching light may make sense in that area *shrug* We're just wondering how it looks to others in the context of the whole house.

                                  o It's totally awesome, don't take it down!
                                  o It's too big, a smaller light would be better.
                                  o It just doesn't go well with the house, get a light that matches the others.

                                  web site listed above.

                                  Thanks!
                                • Tammy
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008
                                    Okay I voted but wanted to comment. I like the light itself but
                                    feel it is too big and looks more like an interior light. Just my
                                    opinion so take that for what it is worth..about half a cent :)

                                    tammy

                                    nc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                    > historic-sanford-nc group:
                                    >
                                    > This may seem like an odd poll, but it is something I've been on
                                    the fence about for quite some time. So I thought I'd solicit some
                                    opinions.

                                    > What is your opinion of the big white light fixture hanging in the
                                    porte cochere at 318 Summit(Al & Denise's House)?

                                    > If we were to take it down, we'd replace it with a matching light
                                    like the pair beside the front door. And eventually the front yard
                                    post light will be one of these matching lights as well. We think
                                    it is a pretty cool light, but just aren't sure it is quite right.
                                    Then again though, the porte cochere is a different area, and a non-
                                    matching light may make sense in that area *shrug* We're just
                                    wondering how it looks to others in the context of the whole house.

                                    > o It's totally awesome, don't take it down!
                                    > o It's too big, a smaller light would be better.
                                    > o It just doesn't go well with the house, get a light that
                                    matches the others.

                                    id=2369540

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008

                                      Sounds good, that's the feedback we're looking for :)

                                      Thanks!
                                      Al

                                      nc@yahoogroups. com wrote:

                                      > historic-sanford- nc group:
                                      >
                                      > This may seem like an odd poll, but it is something I've been on
                                      the fence about for quite some time. So I thought I'd solicit some
                                      opinions.

                                      > What is your opinion of the big white light fixture hanging in the
                                      porte cochere at 318 Summit(Al & Denise's House)?

                                      > If we were to take it down, we'd replace it with a matching light
                                      like the pair beside the front door. And eventually the front yard
                                      post light will be one of these matching lights as well. We think
                                      it is a pretty cool light, but just aren't sure it is quite right.
                                      Then again though, the porte cochere is a different area, and a non-
                                      matching light may make sense in that area *shrug* We're just
                                      wondering how it looks to others in the context of the whole house.

                                      > o It's totally awesome, don't take it down!
                                      > o It's too big, a smaller light would be better.
                                      > o It just doesn't go well with the house, get a light that
                                      matches the others.

                                      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/historic- sanford-nc/ surveys?
                                      id=2369540

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008

                                          ..... and like most things, one's "gut" is probably the right way to go, and I've been feeling for quite a while in my "gut" that maybe it just isn't quite right... hence the poll.  I'm interested to see what others say as well.

                                        So again, thanks for the thoughtful feedback.  You won't hurt my feelings!  That's exactly what I am looking for :)

                                        Al

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jul 22, 2008
                                          historic-sanford-nc group:

                                          Do you "lurk", that is read but not post, on the Historic Sanford Yahoo Group? And do you regularly read the group messages?

                                          o I don't post new messages, instead just reading others' posts via email as they come through, versus visting the Yahoo Group directly.
                                          o I just read the posts via the Yahoo Group, and check for new posts frequently.
                                          o I just read the posts via the Yahoo Group, but don't check the Yahoo Group very often.
                                          o I read and post messages via email most frequently.
                                          o I read and post messages via the Yahoo Group interface most frequently.

                                          web site listed above.

                                          Thanks!
                                        • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jul 22, 2008
                                            historic-sanford-nc group:

                                            Are constructive and informative "bad news" and "crime alert" postings a good thing or bad thing for the community?

                                            o Good thing.
                                            o Bad thing.
                                            o Undecided.

                                            web site listed above.

                                            Thanks!
                                          • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
                                              historic-sanford-nc group:

                                              The HPC is designing roadside markers for Sanford's historic districts. Based upon feedback from a committee of local residents, a basic form was identified. However, we would find feedback on specific designs from the public valuable as we work to identify a final design.

                                              Please see the two files in the "District Markers" folder in the Files section for examples.

                                              Although not numbered on the documents themselves, the sign designs are numbered 1 through 11, left to right, starting with the top row.

                                              You may choose more than one design below.

                                              o Design 1
                                              o Design 2
                                              o Design 3
                                              o Design 4
                                              o Design 5
                                              o Design 6
                                              o Design 7
                                              o Design 8
                                              o Design 9
                                              o Design 10
                                              o Design 11

                                              web site listed above.

                                              Thanks!
                                            • historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Sep 8, 2010
                                                historic-sanford-nc group:

                                                Is it time to retire our Yahoo Group? After a little over 4 years, it seems our Historic Sanford NC Yahoo Group has dwindled to about one post every three months, with no ongoing discussions. The only regular posts are automated calendar entries for events such as the HPC meeting. We've got some useful information in the files section which I can archive elsewhere, but even some of that is now dated. Although resources like Facebook can be just as temporal(think MySpace), maybe it's time to migrate to that platform. Feel free to vote and comment.

                                                o Retire the Yahoo Group entirely.
                                                o Retire the Yahoo Group, but move to Facebook.
                                                o Keep the group going on Yahoo.

                                                web site listed above.

                                                Thanks!