Second meet and greet?

  • Tammy Hebert
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
      Just wondering how the second meet & greet went?
      Was there a big turnout or are we expecting the last meet and greet to
      be a huge one?

      Hope Halloween went well for all- not too many cranky preteens and
      teens...

      Look for the newsletter sometime this weekend :)

      tammy hebert
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
        I couldn't make the second meeting as I was up in RTP
        at the office until well after 6pm.

        But I plan to attend the last "catch all" meeting, at
        7pm on Monday, Nov. 6.

        Al

        --- Tammy Hebert <hebert_family@...> wrote:

        > Just wondering how the second meet & greet went?
        > Was there a big turnout or are we expecting the last
        > meet and greet to
        > be a huge one?
        >
        > Hope Halloween went well for all- not too many
        > cranky preteens and
        > teens...
        >
        > Look for the newsletter sometime this weekend :)
        >
        > tammy hebert

        (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
      • Diana
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
          I was at the meet and greet. There were more people from outside
          Block 2 than on it. I did get the info packet and may do the tax
          credit. I would also like to check into the books Al has on hand to
          see if there is any info on my house. David said it is a bungalo
          style--which I kind of figured. But who first owned and lived in it?
          It would be cool to put a name to my house and update the info to
          it's current state.

          Diana

          --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, Al Roethlisberger

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
            Diana,

            The only book I am aware of that might have your home
            in it is the Pezzoni book, The History and
            Architecture of Lee County. I don't have the Pezzoni
            book, although I have copies of the page that has my
            home in it. But I do hope to have one when April
            Montgomery gets the order placed for a second
            printing.

            But if you go to the Railroad House, they have a copy
            and you can see if your home is in there. Also, the
            library has reference material, as well as Pezzoni's
            original field notes.

            The new Jimmy Haire book also may have some info, but
            I didn't see many examples of average houses listed.
            Most homes shown were boarding houses, and similar.

            But that being said, Jimmy Haire might be someone you
            could touch base with.

            Good luck!
            Al

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jabree@alltel.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
              Diana,
              You might try the Register of Deeds office. They helped me do a reverse deed search for my old house. I was able to go back to 1912. The records prior to that were burned in the old Moore County courthouse fire. My house was built in 1880.

              There is a website for the Register of Deeds but it is tricky to navigate. I called over to the deeds office and the ladies there talked me through. They were super nice. I even found a copy of the hand written deed (online) where the Seawell's orginally purchased the house.

              Very fascinating research. I enjoyed it very much.....

              Hope this helps..........

              Brenda

              From: Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...>
              Date: 2006/11/03 Fri PM 12:30:14 EST