loose dogs follow up

  • briancarenzan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
      Hi Neighbors-
      Thanks so much to those of you've who responded to my plea for help
      in identifying the loose dogs who had been plaguing me on my attempted
      walks in the neighborhood. Gary at Animal Control has been EXTEREMLY
      helpful in addressing this problem. We've determined that the strays
      which were hounding me (tee hee- love some wordplay!) live at one of
      two addresses. Gary has spoken with the dog owners at BOTH of these
      addresses and I haven't seen the dogs loose in well over a week.
      I encourage anyone who is spotting dogs on the loose to contact
      animal control. We do have a leash law in town and these on-the-loose
      dogs cause safety issues with the potential for traffic accidents,
      passing diseases on to other contained or leash-walked animals, attacks
      on people and/or pets,unwanted breeding, destruction of property, etc.
      etc. Animal Control can't fix a problem for us if they don't know about
      it. Please do report these renegades when you see them!
      Again, thanks for your help, Neighbors!
      Caren Stuart
      314 West Weatherspoon Street
    • Ryan Draughn
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006

        Thanks for the update Caren. I forwarded your kind words to the Lee County Health Director who oversees the Animal Services department. They have a tough job and can always use some good recognition. I had a good experience just last week when they removed a chicken, YES CHICKEN, who had taken up residence in my back yard.

        Ryan Draughn

        308 W. Weatherspoon

[...]

        This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this email.  Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Lee County government.