Re: Seawell Jackson House

  • Dana Atkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Brenda,
      I am so glad that you posted photos! Did you own the homes when it
      was a tea room. My mom and I used to go and eat there quite often
      and enjoyed it so much. I think your ideas of having the historical
      society operate from there and maintain the home are great! It is
      such a wonderful home on a prime corner...

      Thanks again for sharing!!!
      Dana Atkins

      --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, "Jabree" <Jabree@...>
      wrote:

      > Thank you Al,
      >
      > I am almost finished moving our personal items out of the house to
      make way for it's new occupants.

      > The Jonesboro Historical Society has rented one room from me, to
      house their artifacts and I am renting the other rooms on the first
      floor to antique dealers.

      > My long-term desire is to preserve the house. Since I can't
      afford to do this, I have decided to sell the house to someone
      (hopefully the Jonesboro Historical Society) who can bring it back
      to its original beauty. It was built in 1880.

      > I am so hoping this group can rebuild their membership that began
      in 1990. If the group can get the funding to make this happen, I
      feel it would be a major PLUS for that part of Sanford.

      > If you are on that side of town and we are there, please stop
      by. I would love to meet you and let you see that playroom first
      hand . Ronnie Todd from Poor Folks antiques shared your flyer and
      this group's information with me. He is putting the antiques in the
      house.

      > I also extend that invitation to others on this group. We all
      share a common to desire "to save our treasures"........

      > Being a native (from Lemon Springs) I am so grateful for all the
      wonderful restorations that have happened in Sanford in the last few
      years. I say that because I know that allot of the work and effort
      for these restorations that we all are enjoying came from "folks not
      from round here" as we say. Along with allot of "folks from round
      here".

      > It doesn't matter where we are from............we ALL call
      Sanford, Lee County, home. I am glad y'all are here and I thank
      you for all y'all have done for our city.

    • Jabree@alltel.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006
        Yes Dana I did have the Tea Room there. I purchased the house in 1994. My former husband and I had Paradise Water Gardens and I later added the tea room. I am sorry I don't remember you by name. I met so many wonderful people. It is hard to remember them all.

        It was so beautiful during our time there. But when former hubby and I split, I could not afford to keep things up. I kept the house and later remarried.

        I have always loved the place. I know Ms. Jack and all of the previous owners would love to see it retain it's place in Lee County's history.

        Thank you for remembering us from our time there.
        Brenda

        From: "Dana Atkins" <dwaphotography@...>
        Date: 2006/09/01 Fri PM 01:28:54 CDT
        To: historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com