Fantastic vintage gas street lamps on eBay

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 5:50 AM
      FYI: Wouldn't these look great in McIver Park or in other public spaces? Maybe it is something that the city might look into "stocking" for a future park project?

      http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1899-PATENT-GAS-STREET-LIGHT-W-ORNATE-POST-/130325426874

      I haven't personally priced commercial 11 foot tall real glass, brass and cast aluminum gas street lamps of this style, but $1250 seems like kind of a deal to me... although I could be wrong and maybe these really aren't a "deal". But, on the other hand, just getting a lightweight residential sized copper gas lantern can cost $500-1000, without even a post.

      I actually thought about one or two of these lamps for the house, but they really are too large for a residence(and too expensive for our budget right now). But they are neat. The head alone is a whopping 40" high!

      Seems like a good deal for someone out there, and these folks have 10 of them.