Colorful North Gulf Street!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2010
      Two or three years ago I posted a message to the group noting how exciting it was that 6 or 7 houses in the neighborhood were getting repainted and what a positive aesthetic that presented to the community.

      And now, in the last few months, we've had several houses in the 500ish block of North Gulf painted... and not just with a new coat of whitewash, but in vibrant and exiting colors!

      In fact, standing across the street from the four most colorful batch going from bright blue, to muted green, to bright yellow and then dark forest green... one almost gets a similar impression to the "painted ladies" of San Francisco.

      Kudos to the homeowners that are taking the time and expense to maintain and update these homes, and moreso for taking the risk of using bright and bold colors. It definitely brightens up the street and reminds people that "old houses" weren't always simply painted white.

      Good job! It looks great.

      And on that point, if interested:

      http://www.historichousecolors.com/

      Cheers,