Looking for some feedback

  • bgould1972
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2009
      I would appreciate your feedback on a situation I faced today: When I went outside this morning to get my newspaper, I noticed that someone had stapled a "Yard Sale" sign to a tree on my property along the roadside. It is my understanding that although the property line extends to the street, it is also a city right of way. That means that the city can do as it pleases along this strip with good reason, even though it is part of my property.
      Let me say that I am by no means trying to be a jerk to the person who hung the sign. In fact, it is on my porch if they would like to claim it. I simply think it is poor manners to staple a sign to a tree that is not on your property without asking permission. If I had been asked, I would have been fine with the sign as long as it was not stapled or nailed to the tree. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    • Terica
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2009
        I agree with  You totally. they should have asked . You do not have to have someone else's signs, be it yard sale or politics .

        Peace from Terica , NC, USA
        www.flowerimpressions.com
        please visit my blogs
        http://flowersbyterica.blogspot.com/
        find out how to make a press or 2
        http://makingpressedflowerartandcrafts.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2009
          I understand where you are coming from.  I suspect the person that hung the sign meant no harm or insult and probably just didn't think about how the property owner(you) might feel about a sign stapled to their tree, or that they could harm the tree.... which of course is the issue.  But I also empathize how you feel about it as well.

          Usually I see(and personally have placed) "yard sale", "missing pet", and other public notice fliers posted at intersections on utility poles.  This seems to both be the standard, and honestly probably most effective location to place these notices as people walking and driving pause to stop or turn.

          .... and the more I think about it, I don't think I've hardly ever seen a notice affixed to a tree versus utility pole.  That is kind of unusual.

          Al