Re: [historic-sanford-nc] Hit and run on 300 block Summit, keep a lookout for a late 90's "electric" blue mustang

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11 5:24 PM

      Thank you Lora.  Actually the hit was very very minor, which makes it all the more surprising and suspicious that the fellow ran.  The larger issue really turned out to be his high-speed reverse and loss of control down Summit.  When he went up into our neighbor's lawn, it really was upsetting given all the kids and pedestrians we have in the area.  It has to make one wonder why he ran, and suspect if he had some "larger issues" the community may have concerns about.  Very strange....

      Thanks again.

      Al & Denise

      From: Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@ yahoo.com>
      To: historic-sanford- nc@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 1:14 PM

      At about 12:30 this afternoon(Saturday, July 11th), at the intersection of Horner and Summit, a late 90s(estimated 1996) "electric blue"(appears to be a stock color) Ford Mustang rear-ended our family, then fled the scene at high speed in reverse down Summit, eventually losing control and rolling into a neighbor's yard. The driver then spun the car around, fled down Summit, turning left on Vance toward Carthage.

      The driver of the vehicle was an African American male, bald or close cropped hair, apparently late 20s to maybe early 30s(although hard to know for certain). We only have a partial NC license, V*E-****, with the second letter appearing to possibly be a "U" or "V".

      We have filed a police report, but thought we'd make the neighborhood aware.

      This driver was driving erratically before hitting our vehicle, and with fleeing the scene may be a larger hazard. So keep an eye out.

      Al & Denise

    • Shannon Gurwitch
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12 9:48 PM
        Al,

        I just wanted to ask for an update on the hit and run. I have seen a couple of blue mustangs, one has come and gone down McGill street a couple of times since your original posting, but I can never manage to see the LP number.

        Shannon

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13 9:18 AM
          Thanks Shannon, but no we haven't heard anything.  The police officers weren't very confident they would be able to track down the driver or car with that limited information unless they just spotted them by luck.  But we filed the report anyway just in case they were a bigger problem and that somehow helped.

          I suspect we'll never hear from them.  Fortunately the damage to the Honda was super minor, and you really have to look for it.

          Thanks again for asking!