Re: [historic-sanford-nc] Re: Hardwood Floor on Craigslist... free

  • Pete Thompson
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 21, 2008
      Tammy,  I believe the doors would be to small for your house.  Height wise.  Not the abnormal size that we currently have.  But it's worth a check!

      I would imagine if she doesn't get a good response ( In which I know she hasn't that she would be willing to let it go rather then destroy this)  I am sure we could work out an arrangement in which she could do an open house.  Debbie is from Sanford and this was her Mothers house. (she no longer lives in Sanford...Raleigh now)  Her Mother isn't doing well right now and still lives in Sanford, so I am sure something can be arranged.  If anyone that is reading this can let me know if your interested in a walk through I can see if I can arrange this with Debbie.  As I told her when I met with her last week that I am sure many people would be interested in looking..

      Have a great week all!

      Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...> wrote:

      I have several 5(or maybe 6) panel doors, free if anyone is interested.

      Al

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 21, 2008
        Thanks Pete,

        I am not looking for doors for my house. We just spent the last 4
        months helping my sister renovate her new - old house in downtown
        Cameron. It was built in 1893 and she is in desperate need of a
        front and back door. We have no clue where the originals are but
        they are gone and what she has is interior doors on there. The only
        measure about 1 3/4 inches thick so getting locks that work are
        almost impossible.
        I'd love to schedule a walk through to see if there is anything I
        need or would just love to have to make into something else. I like
        to find ways to save old things and if not use them in their
        original useage than use them in another way to save them.
        Count me in on a walk through - just let me know when...
        thanks again,

        <peteredsox@...> wrote:

        > Tammy, I believe the doors would be to small for your house.
        Height wise. Not the abnormal size that we currently have. But
        it's worth a check!

        > I would imagine if she doesn't get a good response ( In which I
        know she hasn't that she would be willing to let it go rather then
        destroy this) I am sure we could work out an arrangement in which
        she could do an open house. Debbie is from Sanford and this was her
        Mothers house. (she no longer lives in Sanford...Raleigh now) Her
        Mother isn't doing well right now and still lives in Sanford, so I
        am sure something can be arranged. If anyone that is reading this
        can let me know if your interested in a walk through I can see if I
        can arrange this with Debbie. As I told her when I met with her
        last week that I am sure many people would be interested in
        looking..

        > Have a great week all!
        >
        > Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...> wrote:
        >
        > I have several 5(or maybe 6) panel doors, free if anyone is
        interested.

        > Al

        free
        > To: historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Sunday, April 20, 2008, 8:25 PM
        >
        > Do you happen to know if she has any doors that she is going
        to try
        > to get rid of? Maybe she could do a walk through to let people see
        > if they'd like to buy any of the items to save them and use them
        in
        > their homes. I don't mind paying money for items they are just so
        > hard to find.
        > tammy
        > --- In historic-sanford- nc@yahoogroups. com, Pete Thompson
        > <peteredsox@ ...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Actually Debbie is trying to get some money for the hardwoods in
        > the house. She has approx 1200 sq ft of Pine and 150 sq ft of Oak.
        > This a definite must see (molding, doors, claw tub missing a foot
        > though). They are going to eventually demolish the house( not
        > anytime soon). Parts of the house are 100 years old. They added on
        > a portion to the house 75-80 years ago. There is also a vintage
        > barn in the back. Debbie is very nice and makes trips out to
        > Sanford once or twice a week.
        > >
        > > dpoole650 <dpoole650@ ..> wrote: Someone named Debbie
        > here in Sanford posted this to Craigslist and Al
        > > suggested that I post it here in case anyone was looking.. there
        > is a
        > > photo posted also, so here is the link:
        > >
        > > http://raleigh. craigslist. org/mat/63170804 9.html
        > >
        > > here is the general message and her contact number:
        > >
        > > Ready to be pulled up and reused by someone else is about 850 sq
        > ft of
        > > old pine hardwood flooring and about 120 sq ft of oak hardwood
        > > flooring. This is beautiful flooring, just needs a new home and
        > some
        > > refinishing. Contact me as soon as possible if you are
        interested.

        > > I will not be checking email, so please call me about this
        > flooring.
        > >
        > > Debbie
        > > 919-833-8290

        > Mobile. Try it now.
        > >

        > ---------------------------------
        Mobile. Try it now.

        > ---------------------------------
        Mobile. Try it now.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 22, 2008

          To accommodate 1.75" doors, you can also look at locks like these:

          http://www.segallock.com/home.asp

          They fit/adjust to a variety of door thicknesses, and have a vintage look/feel.  I just put a set on my 1.75" thick carriage house doors.  They also offer the benefit of being "pry/jimmy proof" which is a plus for older door frames and doors that may be susceptible.

          They also make a "slam" version and vintage "night latch", which is the old rim type surface deadbolt we often see on old homes.

          I've also seen a few complete vintage mortise sets on eBay recently for entry doors, push button and all that might work well on older doors.

          Just a thought....

          Al

          <peteredsox@ ...> wrote:

          > Tammy, I believe the doors would be to small for your house.
          Height wise. Not the abnormal size that we currently have. But
          it's worth a check!

          > I would imagine if she doesn't get a good response ( In which I
          know she hasn't that she would be willing to let it go rather then
          destroy this) I am sure we could work out an arrangement in which
          she could do an open house. Debbie is from Sanford and this was her
          Mothers house. (she no longer lives in Sanford...Raleigh now) Her
          Mother isn't doing well right now and still lives in Sanford, so I
          am sure something can be arranged. If anyone that is reading this
          can let me know if your interested in a walk through I can see if I
          can arrange this with Debbie. As I told her when I met with her
          last week that I am sure many people would be interested in
          looking..

          > Have a great week all!
          >
          > Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@ ...> wrote:
          >
          > I have several 5(or maybe 6) panel doors, free if anyone is
          interested.

          > Al

          Mobile. Try it now.

          > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          Mobile. Try it now.

        • Amontgomery
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 22, 2008
            Tammy,

            Have you/your sister tried the shop in Greensboro? I haven't been in since
            last summer, but they have a ton of windows and doors. If they are
            organized, like the shop in Richmond, you can call in your dimensions and
            they can tell you what they have in stock. I don't have the number in front
            of me - but will check for it when I get back to the office.

            April

            historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.comDate: Monday, April 21, 2008, 7:21 PM

            > Thanks Pete,
            >
            > I am not looking for doors for my house. We just spent the last 4
            > months helping my sister renovate her new - old house in downtown
            > Cameron. It was built in 1893 and she is in desperate need of a
            > front and back door. We have no clue where the originals are but
            > they are gone and what she has is interior doors on there. The only
            > measure about 1 3/4 inches thick so getting locks that work are
            > almost impossible.
            > I'd love to schedule a walk through to see if there is anything I
            > need or would just love to have to make into something else. I like
            > to find ways to save old things and if not use them in their
            > original useage than use them in another way to save them.
            > Count me in on a walk through - just let me know when...
            > thanks again,
            >
            > Tammy
            >
            > --- In historic-sanford- nc@yahoogroups. com, Pete Thompson
            > <peteredsox@ ...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Tammy, I believe the doors would be to small for your house.
            > Height wise. Not the abnormal size that we currently have. But
            > it's worth a check!
            > >
            > > I would imagine if she doesn't get a good response ( In which I
            > know she hasn't that she would be willing to let it go rather then
            > destroy this) I am sure we could work out an arrangement in which
            > she could do an open house. Debbie is from Sanford and this was her
            > Mothers house. (she no longer lives in Sanford...Raleigh now) Her
            > Mother isn't doing well right now and still lives in Sanford, so I
            > am sure something can be arranged. If anyone that is reading this
            > can let me know if your interested in a walk through I can see if I
            > can arrange this with Debbie. As I told her when I met with her
            > last week that I am sure many people would be interested in
            > looking..
            > >
            > > Have a great week all!
            > >
            > > Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@ ...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have several 5(or maybe 6) panel doors, free if anyone is
            > interested.
            > >
            > > Al

          • Tammy
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 24, 2008
              April,

              I haven't even been to Greensboro, sad isn't it? We have lived in
              NC for 5 years and I have seen Cary- driven through Raleigh to go to
              WV and been to the beach. Pathetic. I am hoping to visit more of
              the state now that the kids are a bit older. I'd love the phone
              number and directions and if they have it - a webpage for the place
              you are talking about. I drive through Richmond everytime I go to
              WV and always wish I'd stop there too. Any info on that place?
              Were you the one that said Durham had a nice habitat store with
              older items? The one in Raleigh is nice but not much in the "older
              home" dept.
              thanks for any help you can give us. Maybe we should start a
              database with places one can get salvage items or old items fixed.

              tammy

              --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, Amontgomery