events: [historic-sanford-nc] newsletter

  • b brookshire
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2008
      Tammy, you ask and you shall receive:  Spring and Summer events:

      ART CLASSES:

      CHILDREN:

      NOW:The ArtStudio   located on the 3rd floor of the old historic Lee Building, 102 S. Steele Street, 3rd floor has art classes for children that are going on now.
      Children can enter late and just pa y by the week.
      Most classes are on Wednesdays but the teen class is on Monday evenings.

      This summer, as with every Summer we will be having a one-week Children's Art Camp.  Also, we are taking info. for those who would like to enroll their children in the Summer Pottery Camp.

      CONTACT:
      Just call:  919-776-6909 and leave your information.
      One of us, probably Suzanne Saunders  will be getting in touch with you.
      Applications are also in a rack beside the door on the 3rd floor.  (Often the elevator is locked on weekends).

      PLUS:
      ADULT CLASSES and OPEN LIFE DRAWING sessions: will be available starting in June.
      Classes are in any medium and are for artists ( or trying artists ) at any stage of development, including beginners and advanced.

      Again, please call us at 919-776-6909 and someone will provide you with the information.

      beverly b

      Tammy <hebert_family@...> wrote:
      Speaking to the newsletter or marketing group..Spring is upon us..Any
      new things going on in the neighborhood? Any educational things
      happening that the commission said would happen?
      Any new social stuff happening?
      Or is the area dead :(

      Just wondering...

      tammy

      Cell: (917) 257 - 8997
      Exhibits: (919) 777-6959/BrookshireArtist Gallery
      Shops of Steele Street, 102 S. Steele Street, Sanford, NC 27330
      Kew Gallery, 1010 - 1st Ave, NYC 10022
      Studio: ArtStudio: (919) 776-6906
    • Laura Younger
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2008
        All,

        The Chamber of Commerce has initiated a community calendar on its website: http://www.sanford-nc.com/
        The link is on the left-hand side of the page and anyone can submit an event via the website. We'd love for this to become a great community resource, but the calendar will only be effective if people use it. So please do! BTW, please don't call the Chamber & ask them to add an event - the online submission form is very user-friendly and updating the calendar ourselves would be too time-consuming.

        Thanks!!

        Laura Younger

        To: historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
        CC: david.montgomery@...
        From: brookshireartist@...
        Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:48:16 -0700
        Subject: [historic-sanford-nc] Spring events in Sanford

        Hi David,

        Do you have that list of all the events going on downtown - that could be sent to this address?
        I'm sure the neighbors would love to find out about all the events we are planning.

        beverly b

        PS:  Dear neighbors, please don't forget the opening of the Farmers' Market and the Paint in the Park on Sat. the 26th, 9-12noon. bb

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2008
          Well, honestly it has seemed to be a bit "dead" for a
          while now, but then again, we are just coming out of
          Winter. So maybe it's just a "time of the year" sort
          of thing *shrug*

          I know I personally have been so busy with work up in
          Raleigh not getting home until at least 6:30 every
          night, and taking two classes Tues/Thurs nights at
          Wake Tech that gets me home at 10:30, such that I've
          been pretty "checked out" myself for the last 2 or
          more months myself.

          Now that the daylight lasts later, Spring is here, and
          my classes wind up in two weeks, I hope that my time
          to focus back on neighborhood/home stuff will get back
          closer to normal. As it is now, I just get part of a
          weekend.

          With the nicer weather, I've already been doing a lot
          more, so I'm sure others will too.

          As far as the newsletter, thanks for bringing that up.
          I need to drop an email to the rest of the team. We
          have our Marketing Comm meeting next Mon, and we've
          really been off-track for the last two months for all
          the reasons noted above. But that's pretty much my
          fault for not following through these last couple
          months. ....just not enough time.

          I think we can now get back on track starting the next
          meeting and make progress on our three projects:

          - newsletter
          - walking tour pamphlet
          - education/outreach session(probably windows at
          least)

          Al

          --- Tammy <hebert_family@...> wrote:

          > Speaking to the newsletter or marketing
          > group..Spring is upon us..Any
          > new things going on in the neighborhood? Any
          > educational things
          > happening that the commission said would happen?
          > Any new social stuff happening?
          > Or is the area dead :(
          >
          > Just wondering...
          >
          > tammy

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2008
            And on that, echoing Laura's "only good if we use it"
            advice, we have a great calendar function here in the
            Yahoo Group too *wink*

            Al