events: Re: [historic-sanford-nc] newsletter

  • b brookshire
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16 10:01 AM
      And, everyone - downtown SILER CITY, along with the Arts Incubator, has an ART WALK the third Friday of every month from 6 - 8: pm. So it will be this coming Friday night, the 18th.

      Chana Meeks who grew up in our neighborhood on Gulf Street, just north of Chisholm, has a wonderful gallery there.  She represents many types of artists (including me) and she also has "paint your own pottery" right there in her gallery.  It's called the Raleigh Street Gallery; this is her information:
                    http://www.raleighstreetgallery.com/
                    120 W. Raleigh Street
                    Siler City, NC 27344

                    ph: 919-663-6278

                    chanas_a rt_market @yahoo .com

      IN SANFORD:  You may also purchase some of Chana's pottery at the Shops of Steele Street in the "soap booth", Garden of Eden, located at 102 S. Steele Street, 919-777-6959.

      thanks,
      Beverly B

      Tammy <hebert_family@...> wrote:
      Speaking to the newsletter or marketing group..Spring is upon us..Any
      new things going on in the neighborhood? Any educational things
      happening that the commission said would happen?
      Any new social stuff happening?
      Or is the area dead :(

      Just wondering...

      tammy

      Cell: (917) 257 - 8997
      Exhibits: (919) 777-6959/BrookshireArtist Gallery
      Shops of Steele Street, 102 S. Steele Street, Sanford, NC 27330
      Kew Gallery, 1010 - 1st Ave, NYC 10022
      Studio: ArtStudio: (919) 776-6906
    • b brookshire
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16 10:18 AM
        Tammy, you ask and you shall receive:  Spring and Summer events:

        ART CLASSES:

        CHILDREN:

        NOW:The ArtStudio   located on the 3rd floor of the old historic Lee Building, 102 S. Steele Street, 3rd floor has art classes for children that are going on now.
        Children can enter late and just pa y by the week.
        Most classes are on Wednesdays but the teen class is on Monday evenings.

        This summer, as with every Summer we will be having a one-week Children's Art Camp.  Also, we are taking info. for those who would like to enroll their children in the Summer Pottery Camp.

        CONTACT:
        Just call:  919-776-6909 and leave your information.
        One of us, probably Suzanne Saunders  will be getting in touch with you.
        Applications are also in a rack beside the door on the 3rd floor.  (Often the elevator is locked on weekends).

        PLUS:
        ADULT CLASSES and OPEN LIFE DRAWING sessions: will be available starting in June.
        Classes are in any medium and are for artists ( or trying artists ) at any stage of development, including beginners and advanced.

        Again, please call us at 919-776-6909 and someone will provide you with the information.

        beverly b

        Tammy <hebert_family@...> wrote:
        Speaking to the newsletter or marketing group..Spring is upon us..Any
        new things going on in the neighborhood? Any educational things
        happening that the commission said would happen?
        Any new social stuff happening?
        Or is the area dead :(

        Just wondering...

        tammy

        Cell: (917) 257 - 8997
        Exhibits: (919) 777-6959/BrookshireArtist Gallery
        Shops of Steele Street, 102 S. Steele Street, Sanford, NC 27330
        Kew Gallery, 1010 - 1st Ave, NYC 10022
        Studio: ArtStudio: (919) 776-6906
      • Laura Younger
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16 10:30 AM
          All,

          The Chamber of Commerce has initiated a community calendar on its website: http://www.sanford-nc.com/
          The link is on the left-hand side of the page and anyone can submit an event via the website. We'd love for this to become a great community resource, but the calendar will only be effective if people use it. So please do! BTW, please don't call the Chamber & ask them to add an event - the online submission form is very user-friendly and updating the calendar ourselves would be too time-consuming.

          Thanks!!

          Laura Younger

          To: historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com
          CC: david.montgomery@...
          From: brookshireartist@...
          Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:48:16 -0700
          Subject: [historic-sanford-nc] Spring events in Sanford

          Hi David,

          Do you have that list of all the events going on downtown - that could be sent to this address?
          I'm sure the neighbors would love to find out about all the events we are planning.

          beverly b

          PS:  Dear neighbors, please don't forget the opening of the Farmers' Market and the Paint in the Park on Sat. the 26th, 9-12noon. bb

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16 10:51 AM
            Well, honestly it has seemed to be a bit "dead" for a
            while now, but then again, we are just coming out of
            Winter. So maybe it's just a "time of the year" sort
            of thing *shrug*

            I know I personally have been so busy with work up in
            Raleigh not getting home until at least 6:30 every
            night, and taking two classes Tues/Thurs nights at
            Wake Tech that gets me home at 10:30, such that I've
            been pretty "checked out" myself for the last 2 or
            more months myself.

            Now that the daylight lasts later, Spring is here, and
            my classes wind up in two weeks, I hope that my time
            to focus back on neighborhood/home stuff will get back
            closer to normal. As it is now, I just get part of a
            weekend.

            With the nicer weather, I've already been doing a lot
            more, so I'm sure others will too.

            As far as the newsletter, thanks for bringing that up.
            I need to drop an email to the rest of the team. We
            have our Marketing Comm meeting next Mon, and we've
            really been off-track for the last two months for all
            the reasons noted above. But that's pretty much my
            fault for not following through these last couple
            months. ....just not enough time.

            I think we can now get back on track starting the next
            meeting and make progress on our three projects:

            - newsletter
            - walking tour pamphlet
            - education/outreach session(probably windows at
            least)

            Al

            --- Tammy <hebert_family@...> wrote:

            > Speaking to the newsletter or marketing
            > group..Spring is upon us..Any
            > new things going on in the neighborhood? Any
            > educational things
            > happening that the commission said would happen?
            > Any new social stuff happening?
            > Or is the area dead :(
            >
            > Just wondering...
            >
            > tammy

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 16 10:52 AM
              And on that, echoing Laura's "only good if we use it"
              advice, we have a great calendar function here in the
              Yahoo Group too *wink*

              Al