Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Heins not Heinz: Moving out - Heinz House 410 North Gulf

Expand Messages
  • b brookshire
    Hi - just to let everyone know - it s the Heins house ( original message was mis-spelled ), according to Isabel Heins Lawrence who grew up in this house. I m
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi - just to let everyone know - it's the Heins house ( original message was mis-spelled ), according to Isabel Heins Lawrence who grew up in this house.
       
      I'm not a good speller but I thought it was wrong so I sent it to Isabel and she replied below.
       
      It's Heins ( as in the Heins Education Building at the corner of Moore and /Gorden Streets ) They are one of the "older" families of Sanford and they owned the telephone company here.  The murals the Heins commissioned were recently retuned to Sanford by Windstream.  "And, they are being installed in the Sanford City Building on Weatherspoon.
       
      Even though I've been here 3 years, and I should know more about Sanford already.  I'm learning more every day.  Chana Heins Meeks ( who grew up next door to that house ) was one of the 1st people I met in Sanford and she introduced me to her aunt - Isabel Heins Lawrence who grew up in that house.
       
      Hope the home sell turns into a great one!  Just give the prospective buyers a little bit of this history, maybe it will help in the sell.
       
      sincerely, beverly brookshire

      Lawrence <ihlawrence@...> wrote:
      From: "Lawrence" <ihlawrence@...>
      To: "b brookshire" <brookshireartist@...>
      Subject: Re: Is this home from your family? Is this spelled correcty?
      Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:37:20 -0500

      This is the house that I grew up in !!! It's spelled Heins.       Is.
       
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:21 PM
      Subject: Is this home from your family? Is this spelled correcty?

      Tudor home for sale in historic Sanford neighborhood:
      ( Heinz <-- Chana & Isabel -is this spelled correctly, your family hame?)
       

      Lots of great photos! Gotta love that barge board
      detailing.


      Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...> wrote:

      Hi John,

      It was a pleasure to meet you as well, and we really
      enjoyed the tour of the house. It is on our list of
      Sanford favorites, and we've wanted to get a look
      inside for quite some time.

      We are also sad to see you go and wish we would have
      had more of an opportunity to welcome you to the
      neighborhood.

      But best of luck in Germany. I'm sure it will be an
      amazing adventure, and an opportunity to make some
      lifelong friends.

      If there is anything we can do to help you find the
      "right" buyer, please let us all know.

      BTW, thanks for using the "for sale" database on the
      Yahoo group!

      Cheers,
      Al&Denise

      P.S.

      Also, don't forget about the "historic house Real
      Estate" websites in the group "Links" section. I
      think they could really serve a house like yours well
      for people searching the Raleigh/Fayettevill e area for
      old homes.

      P.P.S.

      Here is a direct link to the listing via realtor.com:

      http://homes. realtor.com/ realestate/ sanford-nc- 27330-1093381414 /

      Lots of great photos! Gotta love that barge board
      detailing.

      --- jcakes1979 <hews21@excite. com> wrote:

      > Hello everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know
      > I'm selling my house
      > and moving on out. I live in the Heinz House on the
      > corner of Gulf and
      > Bracken Streets. You know the one. Currently
      > listed for $175,950,
      > check out the database section for more details/MLS
      > number. It's
      > unfortunate that I didn't get to meet more of you
      > during my brief time
      > here, but being gone with work often will do that.
      > Thanks to Al and
      > Denise for setting up this site, and it was nice to
      > meet you the other
      > day. Tell your friends, if they want to own a piece
      > of Sanford
      > history, now's the time!
      >
      > Many thanks.
      > John
      >
      >

      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
      .


    • Al Roethlisberger
      Thanks Beverly, I wondered how long(or if) anyone would catch that and correct me =) After sending the email, I looked at the subject and thought... that
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        Thanks Beverly,

        I wondered how long(or if) anyone would catch that and correct me =)

        After sending the email, I looked at the subject and thought... "that
        doesn't look right."

        Cheers,
        Al


        --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, b brookshire
        <brookshireartist@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi - just to let everyone know - it's the Heins house ( original
        message was mis-spelled ), according to Isabel Heins Lawrence who grew
        up in this house.
        >
        > I'm not a good speller but I thought it was wrong so I sent it to
        Isabel and she replied below.
        >
        > It's Heins ( as in the Heins Education Building at the corner of
        Moore and /Gorden Streets ) They are one of the "older" families of
        Sanford and they owned the telephone company here. The murals the
        Heins commissioned were recently retuned to Sanford by Windstream.
        "And, they are being installed in the Sanford City Building on
        Weatherspoon.
        >
        > Even though I've been here 3 years, and I should know more about
        Sanford already. I'm learning more every day. Chana Heins Meeks (
        who grew up next door to that house ) was one of the 1st people I met
        in Sanford and she introduced me to her aunt - Isabel Heins Lawrence
        who grew up in that house.
        >
        > Hope the home sell turns into a great one! Just give the
        prospective buyers a little bit of this history, maybe it will help in
        the sell.
        >
        > sincerely, beverly brookshire
        >
        > Lawrence <ihlawrence@...> wrote:
        > From: "Lawrence" <ihlawrence@...>
        > To: "b brookshire" <brookshireartist@...>
        > Subject: Re: Is this home from your family? Is this spelled correcty?
        > Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:37:20 -0500
        >
        > This is the house that I grew up in !!! It's spelled Heins.
        Is.
        >
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: b brookshire
        > To: chana meeks ; Isabel Lawrence
        > Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:21 PM
        > Subject: Is this home from your family? Is this spelled correcty?
        >
        >
        > Tudor home for sale in historic Sanford neighborhood:
        > ( Heinz <-- Chana & Isabel -is this spelled correctly, your family
        hame?)
        >
        > Here is a direct link to the listing via realtor.com:
        >
        > http://homes. realtor.com/ realestate/ sanford-nc- 27330-1093381414 /
        >
        > Lots of great photos! Gotta love that barge board
        > detailing.
        >
        >
        > Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi John,
        >
        > It was a pleasure to meet you as well, and we really
        > enjoyed the tour of the house. It is on our list of
        > Sanford favorites, and we've wanted to get a look
        > inside for quite some time.
        >
        > We are also sad to see you go and wish we would have
        > had more of an opportunity to welcome you to the
        > neighborhood.
        >
        > But best of luck in Germany. I'm sure it will be an
        > amazing adventure, and an opportunity to make some
        > lifelong friends.
        >
        > If there is anything we can do to help you find the
        > "right" buyer, please let us all know.
        >
        > BTW, thanks for using the "for sale" database on the
        > Yahoo group!
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Al&Denise
        >
        > P.S.
        >
        > Also, don't forget about the "historic house Real
        > Estate" websites in the group "Links" section. I
        > think they could really serve a house like yours well
        > for people searching the Raleigh/Fayetteville area for
        > old homes.
        >
        > P.P.S.
        >
        > Here is a direct link to the listing via realtor.com:
        >
        > http://homes.realtor.com/realestate/sanford-nc-27330-1093381414/
        >
        > Lots of great photos! Gotta love that barge board
        > detailing.
        >
        > --- jcakes1979 <hews21@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hello everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know
        > > I'm selling my house
        > > and moving on out. I live in the Heinz House on the
        > > corner of Gulf and
        > > Bracken Streets. You know the one. Currently
        > > listed for $175,950,
        > > check out the database section for more details/MLS
        > > number. It's
        > > unfortunate that I didn't get to meet more of you
        > > during my brief time
        > > here, but being gone with work often will do that.
        > > Thanks to Al and
        > > Denise for setting up this site, and it was nice to
        > > meet you the other
        > > day. Tell your friends, if they want to own a piece
        > > of Sanford
        > > history, now's the time!
        > >
        > > Many thanks.
        > > John
        > >
        > >
        >
        > __________________________________________________________
        >
        >
        > .
        >
      • Al Roethlisberger
        Ah, and also... ... it would be really neat if Mrs. Lawrence had any old photos of her family in that house that we could all share. Wouldn t that be neat? =)
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Ah, and also...

          ... it would be really neat if Mrs. Lawrence had any
          old photos of her family in that house that we could
          all share. Wouldn't that be neat? =)

          If you speak to her again, and she has some to offer,
          I'd be happy to scan them and post to the group(or
          anyone else is welcome to).

          Seeing photos of or hearing stories about past
          families, especially original occupants, is always so
          fascinating.

          Wouldn't it be great if we all had some old Christmas
          photos of past/founding families at these homes we
          could post? I wish I had some from our house.

          Al


          --- b brookshire <brookshireartist@...> wrote:

          > Hi - just to let everyone know - it's the Heins
          > house ( original message was mis-spelled ),
          > according to Isabel Heins Lawrence who grew up in
          > this house.
          >
          > I'm not a good speller but I thought it was wrong
          > so I sent it to Isabel and she replied below.
          >
          > It's Heins ( as in the Heins Education Building at
          > the corner of Moore and /Gorden Streets ) They are
          > one of the "older" families of Sanford and they
          > owned the telephone company here. The murals the
          > Heins commissioned were recently retuned to Sanford
          > by Windstream. "And, they are being installed in
          > the Sanford City Building on Weatherspoon.
          >
          > Even though I've been here 3 years, and I should
          > know more about Sanford already. I'm learning more
          > every day. Chana Heins Meeks ( who grew up next
          > door to that house ) was one of the 1st people I met
          > in Sanford and she introduced me to her aunt -
          > Isabel Heins Lawrence who grew up in that house.
          >
          > Hope the home sell turns into a great one! Just
          > give the prospective buyers a little bit of this
          > history, maybe it will help in the sell.
          >
          > sincerely, beverly brookshire
          >
          > Lawrence <ihlawrence@...> wrote:
          > From: "Lawrence" <ihlawrence@...>
          > To: "b brookshire" <brookshireartist@...>
          > Subject: Re: Is this home from your family? Is this
          > spelled correcty?
          > Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:37:20 -0500
          >
          > This is the house that I grew up in !!! It's
          > spelled Heins. Is.
          >
          > ----- Original Message -----
          > From: b brookshire
          > To: chana meeks ; Isabel Lawrence
          > Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:21 PM
          > Subject: Is this home from your family? Is this
          > spelled correcty?
          >
          >
          > Tudor home for sale in historic Sanford
          > neighborhood:
          > ( Heinz <-- Chana & Isabel -is this spelled
          > correctly, your family hame?)
          >
          > Here is a direct link to the listing via
          > realtor.com:
          >
          > http://homes. realtor.com/ realestate/ sanford-nc-
          > 27330-1093381414 /
          >
          > Lots of great photos! Gotta love that barge board
          > detailing.
          >
          >
          > Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > Hi John,
          >
          > It was a pleasure to meet you as well, and we really
          > enjoyed the tour of the house. It is on our list of
          > Sanford favorites, and we've wanted to get a look
          > inside for quite some time.
          >
          > We are also sad to see you go and wish we would have
          > had more of an opportunity to welcome you to the
          > neighborhood.
          >
          > But best of luck in Germany. I'm sure it will be an
          > amazing adventure, and an opportunity to make some
          > lifelong friends.
          >
          > If there is anything we can do to help you find the
          > "right" buyer, please let us all know.
          >
          > BTW, thanks for using the "for sale" database on the
          > Yahoo group!
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Al&Denise
          >
          > P.S.
          >
          > Also, don't forget about the "historic house Real
          > Estate" websites in the group "Links" section. I
          > think they could really serve a house like yours
          > well
          > for people searching the Raleigh/Fayetteville area
          > for
          > old homes.
          >
          > P.P.S.
          >
          > Here is a direct link to the listing via
          > realtor.com:
          >
          >
          http://homes.realtor.com/realestate/sanford-nc-27330-1093381414/
          >
          > Lots of great photos! Gotta love that barge board
          > detailing.
          >
          > --- jcakes1979 <hews21@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hello everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know
          > > I'm selling my house
          > > and moving on out. I live in the Heinz House on
          > the
          > > corner of Gulf and
          > > Bracken Streets. You know the one. Currently
          > > listed for $175,950,
          > > check out the database section for more
          > details/MLS
          > > number. It's
          > > unfortunate that I didn't get to meet more of you
          > > during my brief time
          > > here, but being gone with work often will do that.
          >
          > > Thanks to Al and
          > > Denise for setting up this site, and it was nice
          > to
          > > meet you the other
          > > day. Tell your friends, if they want to own a
          > piece
          > > of Sanford
          > > history, now's the time!
          > >
          > > Many thanks.
          > > John
          > >
          > >
          >
          >
          __________________________________________________________
          >
          >
          > .
          >
          >
          >
          >



          ____________________________________________________________________________________
          Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.