Question: Local Tax Credits for Historic Properties

  • Al
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006
      Are there any Lee County or City of Sanford tax credit programs for
      locally significant historic properties? Often the credits of this
      type are credited against local property taxes.

      Certainly for residential properties there is the potential for NC
      State Income Tax renovation/rehab credits, and if
      commercial/income-producing properties there are some at the Federal
      level as well.

      But in most places I've lived, County/City property tax credits were
      also available for locally designated historic properties.

      Is there anything here like that, and if so, with who would I inquire?

      I would also be curious about if there are any programs to
      certify/register a home as locally signficant(i.e obtain a plaque,
      etc), and what would be required to do so, regardless of tax credits
      or not.

      Thanks