Re: Low cost, high quality wooden storm window DIY project

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      Thanks Tammy,

      I've often pondered what would work out better from an efficiency and
      practicality standpoint, interior or exterior storms. I guess like
      everything else... "it just depends" =) I have heard of issues with
      condensation being a threat with interior storms. But I am sure it
      can be managed if done properly just like anything else.

      Though since I already have my old wooden screens, I'd likely opt to
      convert them to exterior storms based on a conversation with "window
      restorer guy" at the PNC conference... or maybe not. I'm just not
      sure at this point. I guess time will tell =P

      Do I sound indecisive enough?! *laugh*

      And in a sortof related vein, check this out:

      http://www.motherearthnews.com/Green-Home-Building/1977-09-01/Mothers-Heat-Grabber.aspx

      I'm not so sure this would "align" with Local Historic Guidelines, or
      how well it really would work, but it is interesting. Technically, I
      think the real trick would be to get enough solar energy past all the
      shade of established trees and short daylight hours of Winter.

      I have to admit though, they would look not too attractive all along
      the west side of house =/

      Al

      --- In historic-sanford-nc@yahoogroups.com, "Tammy"