Sanford City Council Ward Map 2 or 3 - looks like I voted in 4

  • b brookshire
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
      oh well, it happens everywhere.

      the WARD MAP:  the 2 "greens" are so close together on this map that it is difficult to distinguish.  The paper says that McNeil was running in WARD FOUR ( 4).  That means they still gave me the wrong ballot.  Because McNeil was on my ballot.

      Being in WARD 3 means I should not have had a councilman for which to vote.

      interesting, beverly b

      Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...> wrote:

      I guess this would have been more useful prior to the
      election since there seems to be some question
      regarding the boundaries of Ward 2 and 3 in our
      area....

      But, here is the "City of Sanford Electoral Ward
      Districts" map. You can zoom in to see exactly(or
      close) where the boundaries lie.

      http://www.leecount ync.gov/departme nts/StrategicSer vices/map- gallery/council_ wards.pdf

      Hope that helps.

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
        You know, you are correct, McNeil is Ward 4. And Ward
        4 is the one that touches our neighborhood, not 3. So
        we are really talking Ward 2 versus Ward 4 coverage.

        So for every comment I've made about Ward 3, just
        cut/paste Ward 4, and it still is accurate *laugh*
        Sorry for any confusion.

        Anyway, here is a list of who ran, etc:

        http://www.leecountync.gov/departments/elections/candidatelist2007.pdf

        Beverly, if you don't mind, what is your address?

        Al

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
          Turns out I was reading the map wrong too, and
          juxtaposing Ward 3 for Ward 4.

          So, just substitute "Ward 4" for anyplace I have
          mentioned "Ward 3" and we're all still on the same
          page *laugh*

          Sorry for any confusion.

          Also, if you view this map as a PDF(using Adobe
          Reader) you can zoom in to a very close view of the
          map and see exactly where your district/ward falls.

          Al

          wrote:

          > Ah, and one thing to point out: It appears that
          > when
          > a ward boundary is on a street, the street is split,
          > with the inclusive side being in the ward it
          > touches.
          >
          > So for example, the S/SE "park side" of Sunset is
          > ward
          > 3, and the N/NW side is ward 2.
          >
          > Al
          >

          > --- Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...>
          > wrote:
          >

          > > I guess this would have been more useful prior to
          > > the
          > > election since there seems to be some question
          > > regarding the boundaries of Ward 2 and 3 in our
          > > area....
          > >
          > > But, here is the "City of Sanford Electoral Ward
          > > Districts" map. You can zoom in to see exactly(or
          > > close) where the boundaries lie.

          http://www.leecountync.gov/departments/StrategicServices/map-gallery/council_wards.pdf

          > > Hope that helps.
          > >
          > > Al

          > > protection around
          > > http://mail.yahoo.com

          > protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • b brookshire
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
            Hi,
            it's 532 Cross Street.  27330

            but all of us enter from the back - Chisholm St - which should have really been our address.
            bb

            --- b brookshire <brookshireartist@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > oh well, it happens everywhere.
            >
            > the WARD MAP: the 2 "greens" are so close
            > together on this map that it is difficult to
            > distinguish. The paper says that McNeil was running
            > in WARD FOUR ( 4). That means they still gave me
            > the wrong ballot. Because McNeil was on my ballot.
            >

            > Being in WARD 3 means I should not have had a
            > councilman for which to vote.
            >
            > interesting, beverly b
            >
            > Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@ yahoo.com>
            > wrote:
            >
            > I guess this would have been more useful prior to
            > the
            > election since there seems to be some question
            > regarding the boundaries of Ward 2 and 3 in our
            > area....
            >
            > But, here is the "City of Sanford Electoral Ward
            > Districts" map. You can zoom in to see exactly(or
            > close) where the boundaries lie.

            http://www.leecount ync.gov/departme nts/StrategicSer vices/map- gallery/council_ wards.pdf

            > Hope that helps.
            >
            > Al