Re: [historic-sanford-nc] Sanford City Council Ward Map

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
      Ah, and one thing to point out: It appears that when
      a ward boundary is on a street, the street is split,
      with the inclusive side being in the ward it touches.

      So for example, the S/SE "park side" of Sunset is ward
      3, and the N/NW side is ward 2.

      Al

      --- Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...>

      http://www.leecountync.gov/departments/StrategicServices/map-gallery/council_wards.pdf

      > Hope that helps.
      >
      > Al

      > protection around
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • b brookshire
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
        oh well, it happens everywhere.

        the WARD MAP:  the 2 "greens" are so close together on this map that it is difficult to distinguish.  The paper says that McNeil was running in WARD FOUR ( 4).  That means they still gave me the wrong ballot.  Because McNeil was on my ballot.

        Being in WARD 3 means I should not have had a councilman for which to vote.

        interesting, beverly b

        Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...> wrote:

        I guess this would have been more useful prior to the
        election since there seems to be some question
        regarding the boundaries of Ward 2 and 3 in our
        area....

        But, here is the "City of Sanford Electoral Ward
        Districts" map. You can zoom in to see exactly(or
        close) where the boundaries lie.

        http://www.leecount ync.gov/departme nts/StrategicSer vices/map- gallery/council_ wards.pdf

        Hope that helps.

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
          You know, you are correct, McNeil is Ward 4. And Ward
          4 is the one that touches our neighborhood, not 3. So
          we are really talking Ward 2 versus Ward 4 coverage.

          So for every comment I've made about Ward 3, just
          cut/paste Ward 4, and it still is accurate *laugh*
          Sorry for any confusion.

          Anyway, here is a list of who ran, etc:

          http://www.leecountync.gov/departments/elections/candidatelist2007.pdf

          Beverly, if you don't mind, what is your address?

          Al

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
            Turns out I was reading the map wrong too, and
            juxtaposing Ward 3 for Ward 4.

            So, just substitute "Ward 4" for anyplace I have
            mentioned "Ward 3" and we're all still on the same
            page *laugh*

            Sorry for any confusion.

            Also, if you view this map as a PDF(using Adobe
            Reader) you can zoom in to a very close view of the
            map and see exactly where your district/ward falls.

            wrote:

            > Ah, and one thing to point out: It appears that
            > when
            > a ward boundary is on a street, the street is split,
            > with the inclusive side being in the ward it
            > touches.
            >
            > So for example, the S/SE "park side" of Sunset is
            > ward
            > 3, and the N/NW side is ward 2.
            >
            > Al
            >

            > --- Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > > I guess this would have been more useful prior to
            > > the
            > > election since there seems to be some question
            > > regarding the boundaries of Ward 2 and 3 in our
            > > area....
            > >
            > > But, here is the "City of Sanford Electoral Ward
            > > Districts" map. You can zoom in to see exactly(or
            > > close) where the boundaries lie.

            http://www.leecountync.gov/departments/StrategicServices/map-gallery/council_wards.pdf

            > > Hope that helps.
            > >
            > > Al

            > > protection around
            > > http://mail.yahoo.com

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • b brookshire
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
              Hi,
              it's 532 Cross Street.  27330

              but all of us enter from the back - Chisholm St - which should have really been our address.
              bb

              --- b brookshire <brookshireartist@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              > oh well, it happens everywhere.
              >
              > the WARD MAP: the 2 "greens" are so close
              > together on this map that it is difficult to
              > distinguish. The paper says that McNeil was running
              > in WARD FOUR ( 4). That means they still gave me
              > the wrong ballot. Because McNeil was on my ballot.
              >

              > Being in WARD 3 means I should not have had a
              > councilman for which to vote.
              >
              > interesting, beverly b
              >
              > Al Roethlisberger <al_roethlisberger@ yahoo.com>
              > wrote:
              >
              > I guess this would have been more useful prior to
              > the
              > election since there seems to be some question
              > regarding the boundaries of Ward 2 and 3 in our
              > area....
              >
              > But, here is the "City of Sanford Electoral Ward
              > Districts" map. You can zoom in to see exactly(or
              > close) where the boundaries lie.

              http://www.leecount ync.gov/departme nts/StrategicSer vices/map- gallery/council_ wards.pdf

              > Hope that helps.
              >
              > Al