Re: [histfict] The Adept

  • Victoria Coulter
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
      Okay - I'm intrigued. Who is the author?

      Jo Kirkham wrote:

      >Hi Hilary and Shirley,
      >
      >I have all five that have been written - I think that's the total. I keep
      >looking for the next - but they've not written one in this series for a long
      >time now.
      >
      >I really enjoy them
      >
      >Jo

    • Hilary
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
        Actually, I forgot - Melrose Abbey showed up in book 1 - the location
        of the sword. When they said they went across the street, I was
        waiting for them to go to the Roman museum!

        Hilary

        --- In histfict@yahoogroups.com, "Shirley Skinner" <shirley@s...>
        wrote:
        > Wait until you get hold of book two - large chunks of it are set in
        Melrose
        > Abbey ... I totally love that series and really wish they'd write
        another
        > one.
        >
        > Shirley
      • Hilary
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
          Oops - scratch that. They were at Melrose - but the sword came from
          somewhere else. One of the other scenes (don't want to spoil for
          anyone) took place at the Abbey.

          Hilary
        • Hilary
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
            The Adept series, which is modern but with lots of Scottish history
            (not time travel, just historical sites visited and stories told of
            historical events) thrown in (my summary from reading one of the
            five), is co-written by Katherine Kurtz and Deborah Turner.

            I figured the series was done because the 5th is called Death of an
            Adept. Of course, Hitchiker's Guide was a trilogy, too...

            Hilary
            --- In histfict@yahoogroups.com, Victoria Coulter <vacoulter@w...>
            wrote:
            > Okay - I'm intrigued. Who is the author?

          • Jo Kirkham

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
                Well, I think the very finest Kurtz is LAMMAS NIGHT (its hero, Sir John Graham, makes a cameo appearance in one of the later Adept books), but the five Adept titles are:

                THE ADEPT
                THE LODGE OF THE LYNX
                THE TEMPLAR TREASURE
                DAGGER MAGIC
                DEATH OF AN ADEPT

                Then the focus seems to have shifted to Templars.

                L.P.H.,

                Ann
                axsc@...
                http://mzbworks.home.att.net/ann.htm

                The airlines are working much harder to deal with the problem of lost luggage.
                This morning I saw a picture of my suitcase on a milk carton.