Kilgannon

  • Hilary
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2004
      For those looking for a good Scotland read, I just sped through
      Kathleen Givens' Kilgannon. It reminds me some of Outlander, in that
      it is a romance that goes well beyond the wedding day, showing a
      married couple having to work through some pretty tough times. It
      has an English woman marrying a Scottish clan chief. This story
      takes us up to the 1715 rebellion. I really recommend it. There is
      a 2nd book, starting at the rebellion and going into the after
      effects. It is called The Wild Rose of Kilgannon and 100 pages in it
      is also terrific.

      For some quick but excellent reading, give these a shot!

      Hilary
    • zyzth@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2004
        I recently finished reading Anya Seton's "Green Darkness". It's a
        reincarnation story set in England. The main characters from the
        present (which is 1968) are affected by circumstances from their prior
        lives. Most of the story takes place in Tudor England from 1552-1559
        during the transition from Edward to "Bloody" Mary & then to Elizabeth.

        This book brings back fond memories of reincarnation stories; does
        anyone else remember how they were popular in the 60's and 70's? I
        think what got me started was the movie "On a Clear Day You Can See
        Forever".

        What are your favorite reincarnation stories?
      • vger4@att.net
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2004
          --- In histfict@yahoogroups.com, zyzth@n... wrote:
          > I recently finished reading Anya Seton's "Green Darkness". It's a
          > reincarnation story set in England. The main characters from the
          > present (which is 1968) are affected by circumstances from their
          prior
          > lives. Most of the story takes place in Tudor England from 1552-
          1559
          > during the transition from Edward to "Bloody" Mary & then to
          Elizabeth.

          > This book brings back fond memories of reincarnation stories; does
          > anyone else remember how they were popular in the 60's and 70's? I
          > think what got me started was the movie "On a Clear Day You Can See
          > Forever".
          >
          > What are your favorite reincarnation stories?>>

          I loved this book, but then I love most anything Anya Seton wrote (my
          favorite being Katherine). I can't say that I recall reading many
          reincarnation books, but Green Darkness!

          Jani