Re: Colleen McCullough's "The Touch"

  • Shirley
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
      I found your group because I was searching for info on this book, so
      I thought I'd pass along what I found (and join the group while I'm
      at it!)... Sounds like McCullough's going back to Australia, but the
      description doesn't mention Richard Morgan or the previous book. One
      website (The Book Den, www.bookden.com) had the description that I've
      pasted below (it actually references the Audio version). Another
      one, www.bookinformation.co.uk, had a similar description, also with
      no reference to Morgan's Run. Maybe a parallel storyline? I really
      enjoyed Morgan's run (even though I was annoyed with her for taking
      her "Roman holiday" just before the last Caesar book!), so I hope The
      Touch is part of the same series.

      Touch
      by: McCullough, Colleen
      Publish Date: 2003/12
      Hardcover
      ISBN: 0684853302
      $ 26.00

      Alexander Kinross fled poverty in Scotland to make his fortune in the
      Australian and American gold fields. In the process, he met the woman
      he loves but can never marry--and marries a woman who can never love
      him. Introducing a rich cast of characters, McCullough's new
      audiobook is at once a love story and family saga. Full of tragedy,
      history, and passion and set against the backdrop of an Australia
      feeling its way toward its own independent identity, The Touch is
      pure listening gold!

      --- In histfict@yahoogroups.com, alissa damiri <alissadamiri@y...>
      wrote:
      > Dear Jennifer
      >
      > I check amazon almost everyday now, but still no
      > details yet. But I think it'll appear soon, because
      > November is not that far, only three months away...
      > :D
      >
      > Alissa in Indonesia
      >

      > --- Jennifer <fionnabhair@b...> wrote:
      > > Way back in July, Alissa asked:
      > >
      > > >Does anyone here know about "The Touch", the latest
      > > book by Colleen
      > > >McCullough? I just saw it at amazon.uk, to be
      > > released January 2004,
      > > >but no other details. Is it historical fiction? Or
      > > Morgan #2?
      > > >
      > > The publication date could be as early as November
      > > 2003! But no details
      > > of what the book is about appear (yet) on the
      > > publisher's website.
      > >
      > > I am intrigued....
      > >
      > > Jenny

    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
        Welcome, Shirley!

        And thanks for posting this information about 'The Touch'. A number of
        us here are McCullough fans.

        What other authors do you enjoy?

        Jenny (in Canberra, Australia)

        'Weaving a net is better than praying for fish at the edge of the water'
        (Chinese proverb)

        ---------------------~-->
        >Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
        >Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
        Canada.
        >http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        >http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/gx3qlB/TM
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • alissa damiri
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2003
          Hi Shirley!

          Thanks for your info regarding "The Touch". It sounds
          great and now I REALLY look forward to devouring it,
          Richard Morgan or not. :D

          Alissa in Indonesia

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com