Re: [histfict] Digest Number 1241

  • UPSCWRU@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Just a little tiny addition to the sickliness of the Tudors discussion:
      someone mentioned that Edward VI wasn't sickly in his childhood. I just
      wanted to add to the evidence on that: when I was at Hampton Court Palace in
      2001, there was a portrait of Henry and his family, and Edward was portrayed
      as a very plump little guy. I was (forgive the coming reference) struck by
      the fact that my knowledge of Edward comes from Lady Jane, where he is a
      skinny, wan figure. Apparently not always.

      I finished Beekeeper's Apprentice and loved it. Asides by Mary like her
      noticing Holmes being startled when reminded that she was female - and her
      having the same reaction - were great.

      Hilary